The Gentle Island

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by BlairMacKay, Sep 1, 2010.

1. BlairMacKay

BlairMacKay Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2010
    Calgary, Alberta
    Hi all, these pics are from beautiful Prince Edward Island (PEI), Canada. I grew up there and recently went back home for my brothers wedding. The pics in this set are from areas around my home.

PEI is famous for its shellfish, golf, and beautiful beaches. It recently hosted "Live With Regis and Kelly" earlier this summer. It has a population of just over 130,000 and is located on the East Coast of Canada.

Enjoy!

French River Wharf
    P1100285.

View from Cape Tryon
    P1100288.

Lobster Boats
    P1100295.

Swimming Rock
    P1100446.

Swimming Rock
    P1100461.

Sailboat at Dusk
    P1100450.

• Like Like x 4
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Blair, thanks so much for these and it's great to see you back on the forums!

What a lovely area you are from. I can't help but wonder if you miss living there, or if you're just as happy to stop back for visits when you can...though I think you're still living quite far away from The Gentle Island, aren't you?

3. BlairMacKay

BlairMacKay Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2010
    Calgary, Alberta
    Thanks BBW! I was moving around for a while so I didn't have much time to contribute to the forum. I have free time now so I look forward to contributing again!

PEI is a nice spot to live but it is too small for me. I love returning there every now and again but at my age somewhere larger suits me better.

My brother got married this summer, so I returned home for the wedding, but now I am back and working in China.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Blair - I'm so glad you'll have a bit more free time and I will look forward to your photographs from wherever you are.:thumbup: