The first sun since a long time - walk in the afternoon ...

rst

Mu-43 Regular

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
G'day Rst, I like your second photo. The sun behind the clouds at that angle really gives a really good impression of a flat undersurface.

I was wondering how you converted the images to black and white in Lightroom? I installed LR on my computer today and was wondering where to change the image. Is it in Library or Develop?

Do you import Raw images? I tried to import raw tonight but LR said it doesn't recognise it.

Sorry about the questions. If it too hard to explain, please let me know and i can find out elsewhere :)

Thanks,
Brady

rst

Mu-43 Regular
Brady,

I use Lightroom 2.6, but also the 3.0 beta does. Lightroom recognizes the raw files of the Panasonic G1, I do not know how it deals with the other m43 cameras raw format. And yes, I shoot raw because it gives me the most flexibility in post-processing.

If you select an image in the Library module and go to the develop module you can change the handling from Color to grayscale (b&w in 3.0). You have several ways to handle you b&w image then from selective color adjustments to duo toning etc. Just play around with your image, once you are done you can save your changes as a new preset and apply it to other images. Be careful which options to include in your preset. I usually do not include the basic raw handling adjustments.

There is a good amout of tutorials about this topic out there in the web. iirc this is a good starting point: Lightroom Resource Center

Cheers
rst

rst

Mu-43 Regular

jhob

Mu-43 Veteran
I think I prefer the toning there! The toning on the first looks just a little overdone, in the way that makes you really notice it. I like toning where it's subtly used and doesn't draw attention to itself.

I also think that the images would work better together if they all had the same toning, that way they become a set, which they are, rather than 3 separate images.

That 20mm pancake sure is an amazing lens!

rst

Mu-43 Regular
I think I prefer the toning there! The toning on the first looks just a little overdone, in the way that makes you really notice it. I like toning where it's subtly used and doesn't draw attention to itself.

I also think that the images would work better together if they all had the same toning, that way they become a set, which they are, rather than 3 separate images.
I tend to agree with you. Thanks!

Cheers
rst

pointoneeight

Mu-43 Regular
I use Lightroom 2.6, but also the 3.0 beta does. Lightroom recognizes the raw files of the Panasonic G1, I do not know how it deals with the other m43 cameras raw format.
As of LR 2.5 it supports the GF1 and E-P1 as well.

Lovely captures, send some sun over to the UK please :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom