The Fifa World Cup 2010 Thread

rst

Mu-43 Regular
The Germans continue to amaze me. Can they beat Spain?
That is going to be a tight game. I think Spain is one of, if not the best team at that Championship. But I would also have said that Argentina is one of the best teams. Now look what happened to them. At least it is fun to watch the German team.

ciao
Ruediger

goldenlight

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John
The German team just gets better. Remember, they were my initial tip for the cup and nothing has happened to change my mind. Obviously, my prediction that they would beat Brazil 2-1 in the final won't now happen. I now think Germany 3 Netherlands 2 is a realistic prediction. :smile:

After the 4-0 demolition of Argentina, suddenly England losing 4-2 to Germany (well, that's what it should have been - we all know the ball did cross the line :biggrin:) doesn't look quite so bad. We were beaten by a better team, that's all there is to it. :smile:

goldenlight

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John
BTW, Kevin in Paris, as an Englishman may I express a wry smile at your fellow Scot, Andy Murray capitulating to a better player? Seems that whether we like it or not you Scots and us English have rather more in common than we'd care to admit - at least when it comes to glorious sporting failures upon whom we stake our national hopes and pride, only to see those hopes dashed when they fall with our flawed heroes. In keeping with our traditional fierce sporting rivalry is there not a bitter-sweet satisfaction in seeing the other fail as much as we ourselves? Maybe it's the one consolation that makes our own defeats bearable? :rofl:

Of course, if Andy Murray does ever win Wimbledon then we English will immediately warmly embrace him as British and declare him our hero!

angloasturian

Mu-43 Veteran
Viva España

Now that England are out my loyalties are no longer divided. I know all the Spanish players as I've watched them in 'La Liga' all year - and the two that don't (Torres and Reina) play for Liverpool - the team I support in the Premier as I'm from St.Helens - just 12 miles away.
By the way, Villa is Asturian (Langreo 1981) just like another well-known sportsman - Fernando Alonso (Oviedo 1981). If you watch Formula One keep an eye out for this flag on the course - it's the Asturian flag:

http://www.banderas.pro/banderas/bandera-asturias-6.jpg

goldenlight

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John
Now that England are out my loyalties are no longer divided. I know all the Spanish players as I've watched them in 'La Liga' all year - and the two that don't (Torres and Reina) play for Liverpool - the team I support in the Premier as I'm from St.Helens - just 12 miles away.
By the way, Villa is Asturian (Langreo 1981) just like another well-known sportsman - Fernando Alonso (Oviedo 1981). If you watch Formula One keep an eye out for this flag on the course - it's the Asturian flag:

http://www.banderas.pro/banderas/bandera-asturias-6.jpg
Win or lose you've got a terrific match to look forward to. I'm actually enjoying the World Cup more now that I don't have England to fret over. :smile:

stanleyk

Congrats to Herman and Bullfrog.

Hoping for a Germany vs Holland final.

They have a German restaurant where I live but not a Spanish one. They'll have the game, beer, and sausage. I'll have to stay neutral or cheer for Germany though. ;-)

Realizing of course that Paul the Octopus has already spoken.......

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
"Mmm"

Thanks for congratulations. How to deal with this: I'm dutch, my wife is german.
We live in Holland. Will there be a "looser" ?
Pst: I'm not a football fan ! My wife knows, you didn't ?
Any suggestions are welcome, thanks.

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi, I really don't mind who wins at all. My wife does. As to her either Holland or Germany has to win. (sorry colin...)
So far I believe that Germany plays best !

Malo1961

Mu-43 Regular
Congratulations to all our Dutch members! I'm glad to hear you're not a football fan, Herman - so you won't be too upset when you lose to Spain in the final:biggrin:
I will be though....:wink: But I will be more upset if we loose against Germany.:mad::eek: Either way...I hope it will be a hell of a game, and fortune stays on the Orange side! Good luck tomorrow for Germany and Spain.
The best will meet us.:thumbup:

goldenlight

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John
Entertaining game tonight, but Holland made hard work of it against Uruguay. They'll have to play better in the final or Germany will rip them apart, but they have got the talent in the team and perhaps they will hit their peak form on Sunday. Should be a great match and I'm really looking forward to it. Germany are still my tip to win.

As for the third place play-off, I expect Spain to beat Uruguay in yet another entertaining match. :smile:

stanleyk

Herman,

If your wife is for Germany at least on the outside cheer for Germany.

That would be my advice. :)

BTW- This is a really great forum. The photos people post here are outstanding and very creative. I'm also a Pentax user, but all that happens on the Pentax forum is people criticize the Pentax cameras. A lot of obsessing about a full frame camera. I think MFT is the way to go. It seems to encourage everyone's creativity and not getting hung up on gear. I spend a lot of time here looking at the photos. Hopefully I'll have something to post soon.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom