The Essential Budget Lens Collection

Hoffelijk

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jeroen
For the price of those lenses I buy an enormous amount of test material at the thrift store and that softens my wish a lot, not that I don't want them, I dream of the 300mm f4 oly but can't afford it yet.

With every purchase enthusiastic and curious about the strengths and weaknesses of such an oldie , often bummed that I first have to go home to grab the right mount.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
and it came with two cons: black spots on f8 and beyond,
May not be the lens but instead a dirty sensor in the camera. The dust spots often are not noticeable until you stop down the aperture of the lens. Shoot a shot at the blue sky with the aperture closed down and you should be able to spot of the dirty spots. It could be the lens, but a cleaning of the sensor might solve that one for you especially if the camera was well used in the past.

ivanbae07

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
I.B.
May not be the lens but instead a dirty sensor in the camera. The dust spots often are not noticeable until you stop down the aperture of the lens. Shoot a shot at the blue sky with the aperture closed down and you should be able to spot of the dirty spots. It could be the lens, but a cleaning of the sensor might solve that one for you especially if the camera was well used in the past.
tbh, the sensor of my camera is not that clean (some spots on the bottom right), but let see:

sigma vs other lens, wide open and at the smallest aperture
sigma @ 8mm f8 and speedboosted
(all sooc, and the link will be expired in a month)

then again, i didn't expect anything from that price tag. but hey, the iq still good, and i could do some 'extensive pp' when i need it.

Last edited:

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
and i could do some 'extensive pp' when i need it.
Or you could simply clean the sensor. Sensor cleaning is easy and not the super delicate task reserved only for professionals like a lot of people like to make it out to be. Isopropyl alcohol and lint free wipes are all you really need.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom