The EP5 and an inexpensive Shoulder Mount.....

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by D7k1, Nov 24, 2014.

1. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Last year I bought the Opteka aluminum shoulder mount for my D7100 & Sigma 18-250mm. Well today, just on a lark, I tried my EP5 and the Sigma 30mm on it, with the IBIS on. Wow is the word. Yes, I was using the optional straps, second handle and 5 pound weight on the mount (which is better made than you would think a $100 mount would be), but the images are extremely steady - and I do mean tripod like. Even walking the video is much better than handholding the camera. I don't shoot highly detailed videos like foliage with my EP5 because that is when the codec's tend to crash, the mjpeg did really well even with panning on the shoulder mount - maybe even better than the 1080P.

I guess the real measure of how much I like this setup is If the E6 has 4K video I will pre-order it in February, might even if it only has a high bit rate 1080P and say slow motion. If you want to do some run & gun with your EP5/E10/EM1 you might try one of the smaller shoulder rigs, works for me - YMMV:) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.