The Elephant in the Room - Automated Change

BobBill

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob Hively-Johnson
The Elephant in the Room

As I certainly do ... I have three protein pills a day in lieu of food, and am rarely seen out of my silver lurex jumpsuit

Good one! And, 'rooms make the rooms smaller....

photoSmart42

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Soon, it seems, even the professional world of picture taking will become the sole realm of computers, by and large. This will likely be the case for studio and arena activities initially.

Not unless you sell those photos to other machines. As long as the audience is other humans, an individual human point of view will always prevail. No, I don't see the humans getting out of the loop at any point in an artistic endeavor meant for other humans. Automated tools to assist human photographers? Sure! I'd love to be able to manipulate lighting to produce that 'perfect' exposure every time I press the shutter in any situation.

BobBill

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob Hively-Johnson
The Elephant in the Room

Not unless you sell those photos to other machines. As long as the audience is other humans, an individual human point of view will always prevail. No, I don't see the humans getting out of the loop at any point in an artistic endeavor meant for other humans. Automated tools to assist human photographers? Sure! I'd love to be able to manipulate lighting to produce that 'perfect' exposure every time I press the shutter in any situation.

You sure? You sure it has not been happening for some time?

BobBill

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob Hively-Johnson
The Elephant in the Room

Just thinking of a couple of really bad commercials, figuring it applies to some fashion shoots...and some street bots in Chicago.

"I'll be bak!" If not "chuffed!" :]

BobBill

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob Hively-Johnson
The Elephant in the Room

Someone above mentioned the old photo booths that were placed in dime stores and some malls, etc. Well, local outfit is planning to use similar gadget for news pics, rather than use employee, with health care, travel expense, cameras and so on...it is coming.

BobBill

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob Hively-Johnson
Bot Cams Are Here

US unveils humming bird-like drone that takes pics, flies 40 mph, listens, whatever. Another camera takes pics and adds make-up and charm, whatever...idea of in hand camera may be obsolete is not so far-fetched, seems to me.

Media org calls up hum-bot, sends to local trouble spot; street shooter sends bee-bot from car to fly around ghetto; fashion shooter sits fash-bot on floor, models flit and fly, as he or she sits in control room or office...bot may even rip on models as in human shoot.

floppymoose

Mu-43 Regular
Actually, I welcome a computer that takes pictures that humans like. When that happens, it means we will have learned much more about how the human mind works.

It wasn't until advances were made in understanding how we think that we got to where we could program a machine to beat humans at Jeopardy. Of all the man vs machines endeavors, that was the first high profile one where the AI involved was doing something interesting.

BobBill

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob Hively-Johnson
Bot Cams Are Here

Am not surprised. Cell phones, etc, seemed to have replaced much face-to-face discussion...maybe the bot world has some believing apps and devices make life easier, which they likely do not.

Someone suggested I was pessimist, but it is what it is.

I prefer the human contact/communication, sometimes even for its own sake.

Brianetta

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Brian Ronald
Until the day that our cell phones make our conversations for us, or robots look at our photographs for us, I'm not seeing any down-side here. There's no quota on photography, and no quota on human contact. Just because there's some robot taking photos doesn't mean that you can't.

The bigger threat to the professional photographer is competition from the geometrically increasing number of unqualified but eager humans who are able to take photographs and get them sold. If you're not worried about them, why would you be worried about robots?

BobBill

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob Hively-Johnson
Until the day that our cell phones make our conversations for us, or robots look at our photographs for us, I'm not seeing any down-side here. There's no quota on photography, and no quota on human contact. Just because there's some robot taking photos doesn't mean that you can't.

The bigger threat to the professional photographer is competition from the geometrically increasing number of unqualified but eager humans who are able to take photographs and get them sold. If you're not worried about them, why would you be worried about robots?

Not worried about them. What to do? Cannot do, do not worry.

Just observations...but have my preferences.

Your earlier wish now reality, for some big shekels.

Much prefer talking face to face and do admit that I abhor cell0-phreaks assaulting others with their conversations and so on, in places untoward.

BobBill

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob Hively-Johnson
Bot Cameras

Ripped from Yahoo tag: The LUMIX FX77, released last Friday, has a "beauty re-touch" function that will whiten your teeth, increase the translucency of your skin, remove dark eye circles, make your face look smaller and even magnify the size of your eyes.

For the final touch, it will apply rouge, lipstick and even eye shadow."

Bot cams...who needs cosmetic surgery, with CPU Frankenstein on the job?

BobBill

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob Hively-Johnson
Robot Cameras

Bot Cams--- Just wait!

Attachments

• robothumming.jpg
    robothumming.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 100

Latest threads

Top Bottom