The Elephant in the Room - Automated Change

BobBill

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob Hively-Johnson
If this topic has been broached, I missed it.

It may seem a stretch to some, but in a very short time, all our discussions regarding 4/3, m4/3 and other formats, finders and makers will become more or less academic excursions.

Many of us tend to think industrial design consists of people fashioning little parts and mock-ups and so on. Not much of that anymore.

Soon, it seems, even the professional world of picture taking will become the sole realm of computers, by and large. This will likely be the case for studio and arena activities initially.

Eventually, those machines may take over our arty pursuits, even street shooting.

Think about it!!!

BobBill

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob Hively-Johnson
The Elephant in the Room

To what end?

Even if machines started to make art, would that stop us making art too?

No, certainly not, but perhaps affect us in many ways, not the least of which will include makers moving to that genre in RandD.

To what end? Look at it from a media viewpoint... Fewer heads to pay and worry about at least. Humans could become obsolete even on the other end of the lens.

Brianetta

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Brian Ronald
Technology is nothing to fear. It liberates more than it enslaves. It provides more opportunities than it denies. It's progress. It's all good. I understand what you're afraid of; I just can't for the life of me understand why you're afraid of it.

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran

No, certainly not, but perhaps affect us in many ways, not the least of which will include makers moving to that genre in RandD.

To what end? Look at it from a media viewpoint... Fewer heads to pay and worry about at least. Humans could become obsolete even on the other end of the lens.

Bob with all due respect, your remarks suggest those of a pessimist! I like to look on the bright side. New products, new ideas are good for us for they allow us to make better use of our skills and produce images that others enjoy.
Just the rant of an "Olde" man that has seen many changes in the over 60 years of taking photos for fun and some for money!

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
They have have automated photo taking machines for years ... they haven't taken over yet.

6a00d83452989a69e200e550507de18834-800wi.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Personally, I can't wait for the day my PEN will go out on its own, on a wet cold rainy evening, and take a snap for my PAD ...

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
my e-p1 has grown up a bit since i shot this

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/7696652?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
@Spuff - great find! Love the Rollei feet!

@Kevin - cute! Nice storyline!

Latest threads

Top Bottom