The E-P5 was announced and...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by BigCTM, May 10, 2013.

1. BigCTM

BigCTM Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2012
    I bought a brand new E-P3 last night with 17mm kit lens for $369 brand new. Saved myself alot of money!

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    The good news is that this should start to drive down the price of the OM-D. Then the question is: Do I grab an OM-D or wait for the price of the E-P5 to drop? (Could be a long wait.) :rolleyes:

3. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    That's a great price for a new E-P3 + pancake kit. Care to share where you found that bargain?

The E-P3 is a great camera. Yes, it doesn't have the "modern" sensor, but it's an absolute joy to use (for me, anyway) and it's very capable of capturing wonderful images.

4. ccunningham

ccunningham Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    Yes please, inquiring minds would like to know.... I could "upgrade" my e-p2's focusing within my budget, which might be kind of nice.

5. BigCTM

BigCTM Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2012
    The 17mm was at adorama briefly last night. Sold out now not surprisingly...The 14-42 kit is still available for 369. Some might prefer the 14-42 kit and pick up either the 45mm or the 17mm F1.8 instead of the 17mm 2.8.

6. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    I bought ep3 with 17mm 2.8 2 months ago for $399, I like the size and the controls, the OLED screen is great, it's everyday camera!

7. jglover

jglover Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 28, 2010
    Naperville, IL
    I did the same, except I bought the E-P3 with the 14-42 about two months ago for $399. At the time I was torn between the E-P3 or going with the PM2. I prefer the interface of the P3 so went with that instead. I'm glad I did because then the GX-1 got stupidly low in price so I picked up on of those as well. :)

8. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Where? Local store or internet?

I am debating that too but for me the big thing that I really want is focus peaking and the new E-P5 has it. At work we got two of the AF100 video camcorders and they have focus peaking and it is awesome! I like using my vintage glass on m4/3 but focusing can be a big problem at times.

9. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Adorama is offering these prices on the E-P3... both on their own site and via Amazon.com...

Amazon.com: Olympus e-p3

I actually bought an E-P3 from Adorama for $379 a few weeks ago. But I sent it back. It's just not going to get much use among all of my other cameras. I'm waiting to spring on a discounted OM-D... whever that happens.

10. poisson rouge

poisson rouge Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2013
    I applaud Olympus. With every new camera release the EM-5 gets closer to me. :)

11. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Same thoughts. Leaning towards the G6 (which also has focus peaking) atm, purely because of the price differential, although electronic shutter could be useful when quiet operation is needed.