The Digital Age

doady

Mu-43 Veteran
All photos taken on May 13, 2007 with Olympus C-7070WZ. I said I might make a thread as a retrospective for my old C-5060/7070 photos, but some photos might work better as part of a series so I'd rather present them in own thread, like these ones. I still want to properly introduce myself to this forum, so I'm still thinking about what photos to include in a 15-year retrospective, but for now I hope you guys like these ones.

p209107535-6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I (Spectators)

p210956507-6.jpg

II (Spectators)

p380971872-6.jpg

III (Young Girl Kneeling, Watching)

p295417910-6.jpg

IV (Brothers)

p341681462-6.jpg

V (Technician)

p344187505-6.jpg

VI (Night Drive)

p183523398-6.jpg

VII (Streetscape)

p329389906-6.jpg

VIII (Four Friends)

p192323926-6.jpg

IX (Commerce)

p83604010-6.jpg

X (Husband and Wife)

p242111506-6.jpg

XI (Lovers)

p447144367-6.jpg

XII (Go Against the Flow)​

doady

Mu-43 Veteran
@doady there appears to be something wrong with your images?

Yeah, of course, they look wrong, that's kinda the whole point. :)

I achieved this look using the Super Macro mode of C-7070 which allows for 1:25:1 equivalent magnification. 28x21mm or something that, I don't remember exactly.

doady

Mu-43 Veteran
Ah, I thought I must be missing something.

I did find them rather interesting, just thought that something weird had happened with the upload.

Thanks for explaining.

Are they photos of photos displayed on your monitor?

Yeah, photos of photos displayed on a CRT monitor. LCD monitor doesn't quite have the same effect.

I realize these photos won't appeal to many people, so if you guys hate them, don't hold back, I appreciate the feedback either way.

Keep in mind, C-5060 in November 2004 was my first camera ever, so I had only been photographing for less than 3 years at this point. Maybe a lot of things I was still figuring out so I understand if you think I made a mistake.

doady

Mu-43 Veteran
Interesting results, you could call them hots pixels :sorry:

Lol, I must admit I did think a lot about what exactly to call these photos, and something pretentious like "Digital Age" was best I could come up with. Maybe "Hot Pixels" would have been less bad.

Interesting, and certainly not something I've seen before. I particularly like VI Night Drive - it would look fantastic printed HUGE.

Thanks, Melanie. I have thought about printing these photos and facemounting them on acrylic, which might give more of the appearance of a computer screen. Maybe something I will have to experiment with.

I don't remember exact details anymore but "Night Drive" is probably Rue Ste-Catherine in Montreal. All but one of the base photos are from my wanderings in downtown Montreal, in 2006, I think. There was a street festival going on too, so you can see some crowds. Only IX is from inside Eaton Centre in Toronto.

Last edited:

Pavel M

Creativity Aspirations
All photos taken on May 13, 2007 with Olympus C-7070WZ. I said I might make a thread as a retrospective for my old C-5060/7070 photos, but some photos might work better as part of a series so I'd rather present them in own thread, like these ones. I still want to properly introduce myself to this forum, so I'm still thinking about what photos to include in a 15-year retrospective, but for now I hope you guys like these ones.

View attachment 873848
I (Spectators)

View attachment 873849
II (Spectators)

View attachment 873850
III (Young Girl Kneeling, Watching)

View attachment 873851
IV (Brothers)

View attachment 873852
V (Technician)

View attachment 873853
VI (Night Drive)

View attachment 873854
VII (Streetscape)

View attachment 873855
VIII (Four Friends)

View attachment 873856
IX (Commerce)

View attachment 873857
X (Husband and Wife)

View attachment 873858
XI (Lovers)

View attachment 873859
XII (Go Against the Flow)​
What a creative way of using a mesh in front of the lens. I like your focusing on the mesh and not the more intuitive focusing on a true subject. I truly enjoy these

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom