The deluge

Iansky

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I was out with the GF1 and saw this fast approaching angry downpour, just had to grab the image - I guess it saw me and headed my way, torrential rain, thunder & lightning for about 20min then all gone - fun!

The_deluge.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Iansky

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thanks all, the rain was very clearly visible and a clear column - at first I thought it was a Tornado as it looked like a large funnel but it was a continuous column of incessant, heavy rain

ripleys baby

Part time philistine
Real Name
Forgot
Thanks all, the rain was very clearly visible and a clear column - at first I thought it was a Tornado as it looked like a large funnel but it was a continuous column of incessant, heavy rain

Birdlip ? Great image btw :smile:

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
How great is that? All the drama of the surrounding and the downpour right in the middle. You don't often see it that clearly.

nueces snapper

Mu-43 All-Pro

Reasonably sure that was what is called in weather parlance a micro burst. It is absurdly heavy rain accompanied by a hugely powerful downburst of cold air. They have knocked jet airliners right out of the sky.

Iansky

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Yes Ripleys Baby - Birdlip, a great place for those wide open vistas and the surrounding hills often create interesting cloud formations / weather.

If it was a "Micro Burst" it was a good one and well worth shooting, also delivered a good downpour and mix of weather when it hit - would not want to be flying through that.

We do have some "interesting weather" here in the UK from time to time and I did not have to burn the image in at all.

s0nus

Mu-43 Veteran
Awesome dramatic shot. Really nice balance between the sky and ground and an excellence sense of scale and size. Nice!

Latest threads

Top Bottom