The Delivery

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
As many of you know, each spring and fall I move our boat between Lake Michigan and Lake Huron for it's sailing season and winter lay up. Today I returned home after a 7 day jaunt from Traverse City in Lake Michigan to Bay City on Saginaw Bay in Lake Huron, where the boat will be put inside a cozy heated building for the inevitable brutal months ahead.

Here are some random shots from that delivery. All of these were taken with my em5iii and the oly 14-150ii. The combo was so incredibly easy to grab all of my other lenses and cameras stayed in their respective bags below for 'most' of the trip, with a few exceptions.

abandoned light fall 2021delivery.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

An Abandoned lighthouse with the Mackinac Bridge towers 18 miles in the distance

mackinac straits yacht sea spirit.JPG

What are the poor people doing? Well, one of them is taking pictures of this yacht passing through the Mackinac Straits.

mackinaw bridge under.JPG

Passing under that same (Mackinac Bridge)

sk mac city.JPG

Our Boat at rest between stops, here in Mackinaw City.

rogers city room with a view.JPG

On the Lake Huron side, a stop for the night in Rogers City yielded this room with a view for weary mariners at the local marina.

paw patrol.JPG

Also in Rogers City, my navigator decided she wanted to stop here for a spell for some reason.

rogers city bench sun bird 169.JPG

Sunrise in Rogers City made it incredibly hard to leave, but the sea (er, the lake) beckoned.

presque isle light and frieghter 2021 fall (2).JPG

Presque Isle, one of my favorite harbors, always offers photo ops. Here, Old Presque Isle light with a passing freighter didn't disappoint.

presque isle old light portrait with flag.JPG

The old light stands as tall and proud as the Flag.

presque isle apples light.JPG

As I was leaving, I turned to look back at the light through the branches of an old apple tree and wondered if the lighthouse keeper in the 1800's was treated to fresh fall apples within reach of his station the time.

rintoul faststn nr desat.JPG

Arriving in Saginaw Bay, I spied some old friends out for a Sunday sail some distance away. This is a heavy, heavy crop.

I took alot of shots during the delivery. Most of the pictures I took were probably with my cell phone, but I had my em5iii, my em10ii and a full frame sony on board. I shot a few with the sony, none with the em10ii and about 98% of all ILC shots with the em5iii. After I get a chance to unwind a bit and stop my chair from moving after being on the water for a week, I'll edit and post more as I dry out.

Last edited:
Real Name
Butch Oakey
As many of you know, each spring and fall I move our boat between Lake Michigan and Lake Huron for it's sailing season and winter lay up. Today I returned home after a 7 day jaunt from Traverse City in Lake Michigan to Bay City on Saginaw Bay in Lake Huron, where the boat will be put inside a cozy heated building for the inevitable brutal months ahead.

Here are some random shots from that delivery. All of these were taken with my em5iii and the oly 14-150ii. The combo was so incredibly easy to grab all of my other lenses and cameras stayed in their respective bags below for 'most' of the trip, with a few exceptions.

View attachment 908730
An Abandoned lighthouse with the Mackinac Bridge towers 18 miles in the distance

View attachment 908765
What are the poor people doing? Well, one of them is taking pictures of this yacht passing through the Mackinac Straits.

View attachment 908731
Passing under that same (Mackinac Bridge)

View attachment 908742
Our Boat at rest between stops, here in Mackinaw City.

View attachment 908744
On the Lake Huron side, a stop for the night in Rogers City yielded this room with a view for weary mariners at the local marina.

View attachment 908745
Also in Rogers City, my navigator decided she wanted to stop here for a spell for some reason.

View attachment 908746
Sunrise in Rogers City made it incredibly hard to leave, but the sea (er, the lake) beckoned.

View attachment 908747
Presque Isle, one of my favorite harbors, always offers photo ops. Here, Old Presque Isle light with a passing freighter didn't disappoint.

View attachment 908748
The old light stands as tall and proud as the Flag.

View attachment 908757
As I was leaving, I turned to look back at the light through the branches of an old apple tree and wondered if the lighthouse keeper in the 1800's was treated to fresh fall apples within reach of his station the time.

View attachment 908749
Arriving in Saginaw Bay, I spied some old friends out for a Sunday sail some distance away. This is a heavy, heavy crop.

I took alot of shots during the delivery. Most of the pictures I took were probably with my cell phone, but I had my em5iii, my em10ii and a full frame sony on board. I shot a few with the sony, none with the em10ii and about 98% of all ILC shots with the em5iii. After I get a chance to unwind a bit and stop my chair from moving after being on the water for a week, I'll edit and post more as I dry out.
Great shots and story. That picture of the bench at sunrise would make a good one for the Lonely Bench thread. Thanks for sharing your great adventure!

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Fantastic timing. I have a 14-150 on the way to me right know. Your series and comments give me great expectations for this little lens.
I really like this lens. There's a thread somewhere that I posted ALOT of varying images I shot with this lens as a demonstration as to what it can do. It's just so doggone versatile with a 28-300mm equivalent range plus being so compact and lightweight that it's hard not to take it along. Add to that it's weather resistance and it's a real winner. If Oly had a 150-300 as compact as this lens that was weather resistant, what a travel combo that would make!

You're going to love it.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom