The Dedicated Black & White Image Thread

Real Name
Roddy
The Sunday Walk

This week has seen the west coast of France battered by high winds and an immense amount of rain. The outpouring of water in the Gironde estuary brought a large amount of debris to the coastline, but it did not stop the traditional post prandial stroll this past Sunday afternoon on the beach for the residents of Royan and La Palmyre. Not a mask in sight, I hasten to add, to be fair, the beach is very wide and the breeze was strong. Way beyond the walkers the kite-surf people were having a blast in their little marked area, while on the far right are the last remains of German blockhouses.... each year the sand and sea take a little bit more away....

Inland, there are vast tracts of floodwater and sunken houses and barns.

1 (1).jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael
The Sunday Walk

This week has seen the west coast of France battered by high winds and an immense amount of rain. The outpouring of water in the Gironde estuary brought a large amount of debris to the coastline, but it did not stop the traditional post prandial this past Sunday stroll on the beach for the residents of Royan and La Palmyre. Not a mask in sight, I hasten to add, though to be fair the beach is very wide and the breeze was strong. Way beyond the walkers there kite-surf people were having a blast in their little marked area, while on the far right are the last remains of German blockhouses.... each year the sand and sea takes a little bit more away....

Inland, there are vast tracts of floodwater and sunken houses and barns.

View attachment 873922
In juxtaposition I found this ironic... "It's amazing how much litter I find when photographing insects." Great shot!

Walter

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter

Walter

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter

MonikaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Monika
Last week at a nearby watermill.
Its was snowing and the hard wind was blowing the fine snow of the roof.
It was freeeeezing cold but I loved it :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom