The Dedicated Black & White Image Thread

SatyaR

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Satya
"
_DSC0012.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Old Man at Park" Sony A7S with Leica M Summicron 90mm F2.

moonraker

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Nigel
37574713320_e80081dc70_h.jpg

37069316063_0d4b3db582_h.jpg

37574638650_59c45eafcd_h.jpg

SatyaR

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Satya
By the sea. SonyA7S with FE 28mm F2.
sonya7s-fe-28f2.jpg

SatyaR

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Satya
Fujifilm X30. At the Beach.
x30.jpg

SatyaR

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Satya
Sony A7S. Morning by Lake in Nature Park.
C9-4Y_YUAAA-85G.jpg

wolfie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Outdoor music at a recent camp drew some flag waving fans
3238E8FB1B1B44CE98581F022CA6A8D0.jpg

3694193.jpg

Last edited:

Robstar1963

Mad on Motorsports
Real Name
Rob
Sony A7S. Morning by Lake in Nature Park.
View attachment 582871

Hi SatyaR
No offence intended whatsoever but I personally disagree with a string of photos being attached here from other systems
These threads imo are for images captured with Micro Four Thirds system cameras
I appreciate I might be in a minority here and completely in the wrong so will leave it to others here to agree or disagree in the usual way
I personally feel that the thread and indeed the forum will become diluted and too much of a hotch potch if we go too far down this road
We do welcome input about other systems and have dedicated threads for those too I believe but I would not like to get into a position where I have to check the title etc every time to see what camera system has been used - I'd like to quite rightly ? be able to assume that the M43 system has been used
Apologies should I indeed not be speaking for the majority but thought it worth commenting or at least asking the question ?
PS I appreciate you are taking delivery of a PEN F and look forward to your images from this
Regards
Rob

AllanG

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Allan
I thought I would pass on a tip to those that do travel/street photography.
I generally use a technique that almost always results in the image you are after.
I like to have candid images of people looking at me and giving a facial reaction as it gives more interest.
Anyway, i spied this construction lady in Myanmar and I thought she would make a photo. She saw me and slowly tuned her back and walked away. But i kept my focus on her as I knew she could not resist turning around for one last look. That was when I took this image. Its a technique which rarely fails.

EM5 with P14-140II
PA105184_BW.jpg

Last edited:

Jeffcs

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
IMG_0499.jpg

Love B&W because I love shadow play
OMDem1-2 12-40pro

Jeffcs

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Hi SatyaR
No offence intended whatsoever but I personally disagree with a string of photos being attached here from other systems
I appreciate I might be in a minority here and completely in the wrong so will leave it to others here to agree or disagree in the usual way
I personally feel that the thread and indeed the forum will become diluted and too much of a hotch potch if we go too far down this road
We do welcome input about other systems and have dedicated threads for those too I believe but I would not like to get into a position where I have to check the title etc every time to see what camera system has been used - I'd like to quite rightly ? be able to assume that the M43 system has been used
Apologies should I indeed not be speaking for the majority but thought it worth commenting or at least asking the question ?
PS I appreciate you are taking delivery of a PEN F and look forward to your images from this
Regards
Rob
Rob I do agree while I'm currently using 2 systems Nikon FF I only post here about my Olympus Mu-43 system

barry

Super Moderator
Hi SatyaR
Regards
Rob
Hi @Robstar1963, @SatyaR,

@Amin Sabet's policy is that ANY images are welcome in the Images to Share section, and most other sections of the forum. The obvious exceptions would be the camera or lens-specific threads.

Robstar1963

Mad on Motorsports
Real Name
Rob
Hi @Robstar1963, @SatyaR,

@Amin Sabet's policy is that ANY images are welcome in the Images to Share section, and most other sections of the forum. The obvious exceptions would be the camera or lens-specific threads.

Hi barry13
Many thanks for the clarification
I don't personally agree with this policy but it's up to Amin to make the rules
I am very open minded with regard to other systems but would be surprised if there are many M43 images posted on Sony, Nikon, Fuji or other system forums
I have no problem with images on suitable threads and discussions about pros and cons about other systems but I don't like other system images confusing what I previously believed were dedicated M43 threads
I'd say that the number of likes on my post would perhaps indicate a preference for members here to see only M43 images on the forum - something to consider perhaps ?
Regards
Rob

SatyaR

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Satya
No offence taken. I did want to post M43 pics- but as I had an issue getting my M43 body ended up having only the lenses first and am waiting for item. My apologies for posting non-M43 pics. I intended to want to focus on monochrome photos (hence my main reason to get the Pen-F to use its Monochrome setting) and show what some of the other manufacturers are putting out, so could compare with the Pen-F when it arrives. I have rather an eclectic range of cameras and am moving towards M43.

mpeg

4/3 Activist...
Real Name
Gordo
q8.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom