The debate is over...Bieber chooses Olympus

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
All the debate over which brand of camera (Oly, Panny, Fuji, Sony, Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Sigma, etc.) is best can pretty well be put to bed now since everyone's favorite pop star, Justin Bieber, has chosen to use Olympus cameras in his latest video (with Niki Minaj, no less).

Sure, he's using a Olympus TG-1 "Tough" camera and not a PEN/OM-D but still it's an Olympus. He's cast his vote and it's time for all of us consumers to fall in behind like sheep.

krugorg

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Okay, I had to stop the video after 6.4 seconds (Bieber fever), so I will have to trust you that he owns an Olympus. It makes it a little better that it is the Tough version (matching his image, of course), so I don't feel like I have to sell off my OM-D today. I am all of the sudden, though, even more exited about the GX2. :rofl:

Hyubie

Unique like everyone else
Real Name
Herbert
I knew I made the right decision! Of course only Bieber can provide such validation. Leica must be scared, they can parade their Seals, Dakota Fannings, Brad Pitts and so on. B-listers, nothing much.

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
I knew I made the right decision! Of course only Bieber can provide such validation. Leica must be scared, they can parade their Seals, Dakota Fannings, Brad Pitts and so on. B-listers, nothing much.

Now that you've clearly seen the light, I expect we'll be seeing that NEX of yours show up in the buy/sell forum posthaste.

Promit

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Promit Roy
Yeah, I am sure he doesn't just grab whatever promo gadget he is being paid to show off.

Hyubie

Unique like everyone else
Real Name
Herbert
Now that you've clearly seen the light, I expect we'll be seeing that NEX of yours show up in the buy/sell forum posthaste.

Ah, but alas I worship on the church of BIG-TIME A-LIST celebrities, thus the need to appease Blake Lively:

Attachments

• Blake Lively.jpg
    Blake Lively.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 213

strang

Mu-43 Veteran
I had to sit through that whole thing because I thought he would actually take a shot of the camera at one point.

Damn you!

C

CUB

All the debate over which brand of camera (Oly, Panny, Fuji, Sony, Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Sigma, etc.) is best can pretty well be put to bed now since everyone's favorite pop star, Justin Bieber, has chosen to use Olympus cameras in his latest video (with Niki Minaj, no less).

Sure, he's using a Olympus TG-1 "Tough" camera and not a PEN/OM-D but still it's an Olympus. He's cast his vote and it's time for all of us consumers to fall in behind like sheep.

I'm not sure who is the worst advert ever for buying Olympus: Justin Beiber or Niki Minaj. I suppose Niki Minaj might be associated with the bright colours of Olympus JPEGs. :wink:

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
I had to sit through that whole thing because I thought he would actually take a shot of the camera at one point.

Damn you!

The camera does show up a few times in the second half of the video, and I'll never apologize for sharing the work such an amazing talent. :wink:

meyerweb

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hmm, maybe it's time to switch to Sony, or Fuji, or Panasonic.... I don't think I want to be like Bieber in any way at all. :wink:

nickthetasmaniac

Mu-43 All-Pro
I find it ironic that on a forum that has always been fairly critical of Olympus' lack of marketing clout, we then mock them for putting a camera in the hands of one of the world's biggest selling performers.

Like him or not, Bieber sell. Simple as that.

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
I find it ironic that on a forum that has always been fairly critical of Olympus' lack of marketing clout, we then mock them for putting a camera in the hands of one of the world's biggest selling performers.

Like him or not, Bieber sell. Simple as that.

I didn't post this to "mock" Olympus for partnering with Bieber. In fact, I think it's probably a very sound marketing decision. If I was mocking anything it's the thought that anyone would base his/her decision of which brand of camera to purchase/use on which celebrity might be in the same "camp".

Ned

Mu-43 Legend
Ha, and Nikon thought they had one over on us with Ashton Kutcher.

Now they just have to open the purse strings and actually pay to get the Biebs to sponsor the product openly in ads.

Latest threads

Top Bottom