The "Daily" Photo Challenge [December 2015]

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by Aushiker, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Aushiker

Aushiker Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 12, 2014
    Fremantle, Western Australia
    Andrew
    Continuing on from the great work of @ManofKent and @NoSeconds and the Monthly POTD Challenge we are here again for the last month in spring (or fall).

The purpose of this challenge is to encourage and motivate us to get out and shoot and to share our work with the others in the group. Ideally that would be daily, but we appreciate that life gets in the way so a few times a week or just on the weekend is just as okay. No one is judging or keeping count; rather the aim is to encourage you in your photography.

All are most welcome to participate.

Copying and pasting the "rules":

Images may be straight out of camera JPEGs or manipulated to your heart's content. Pushing yourself past your normal comfort levels is encouraged.
    • Try to post a single shot (of ANY subject) taken each day, or every few days or once a week or as often as works for you during the challenge. If you miss a day (or a week), don't worry, no one is judging you. The idea here is to get folks out and making pictures, not to play lunchroom monitor.
    • Since this is a :mu43: forum, images shot with :mu43: equipment are encouraged, but this is not strictly a requirement.
    • Most importantly: HAVE FUN!
    • Please add the date you took the photo and if at all possible, try and post within 48hrs of taking the shot.
    • Please provide equipment details and find circumstances behind the shot / photographers thoughts interesting, but as with all the "rules" these aren't mandatory.
    Regards
    Andrew

2. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    I got a little mixed up and thought this was the other monthly contest thread, and moved this to the Contests and Challenges forum.
    Still, seems like a good place for it, but I can move it back to Image to Share-Other Genes if needed.

Barry

3. Aushiker

Sep 12, 2014
    Andrew
    The other monthly threads in the same series are in the Other Genes forum. Don't know if it is best to keep them together or not. Your call :)

Andrew

4. Aushiker

Sep 12, 2014
    Andrew
    • Like Like x 7
  5. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Andrew -That's fabulous!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  6. Gerard

Gerard Mu-43 All-Pro

May 12, 2015
    Vleuten, Utrecht
    On my daily walk I passed a classic sportscar, the sort that would doe races like le 24 heures du mans.
    The owner of this repairshop was so kind to let me take photos of his exposition of cars, all of which are work in progress of restoration.
    I brought only my Sigma 19/2.8 with me, because it is my lightest setup, which is convenient while walking, but not the best lens in a cramped place with bad light.
    PC010092.

1957 Maserati

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Brian Beezley

Brian Beezley Mu-43 All-Pro

P0017743.

I really enjoyed the photos in the November thread and I thought I'd try to contribute this month. I'm not sure I'm up for a photo each day, but I'll give it a shot.

The city recently moved this old farmhouse a few hundred yards down the road from where it stood for more than a century. A fatal shooting occurred just outside it in 1907. The city will restore the house in connection with a park and trails yet to come.

Brian

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
  8. Crdome

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Monday, December 1 -First posted photo of the month (with a bakery)

full.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. spdavies

spdavies Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Hawaii
    Stephen
    December 1 - Little Red Flower (with a little red fire ant)
    EP512278a_SPDWeb.
    Olympus E-P5 | Adapted Nikon 105mm 2.5 (w/extension)

And a little PS work . . . :flowers_2:

• Like Like x 4
  10. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

Wednesday 2nd December

Thought I'd better skip the 1st to avoid confusing @Crdome@Crdome :biggrin:

We've been having some crazy weather formations come through in the last few weeks but not a single drop of rain, it must be dumping it all inland or out to sea... At least it's given some sort of contrast to the usual summer landscape of blistering heat shimmer and hazy blue casts...

image.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Crdome

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Wow Troy!

Tuesday, December 2

My intent here is to juxtaposed your season to mine. It just started snowing though our extreme winter is months off, but I am draining the rain barrel for the season. Also in juxtaposition is your fine image to mine. Sigh! :frown:

full.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Gerard

Gerard Mu-43 All-Pro

May 12, 2015
    Vleuten, Utrecht
    Went to the "Magnum Contact sheets" exhibition in Foam, Photomuseum in Amsterdam today.
    Walking back I passed the "Jan Vinckbrug" (Bridge called after Jan Vinck) and snapshot the Magere brug (skinny bridge) over the Amstel river.

PC020169.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Brian Beezley

Brian Beezley Mu-43 All-Pro

P0017755 (2).

I always wondered what it looked like below the cell-phone tower down the street. It is disguised as a clock tower with a clock face on three sides. You can see a clock hand on the right. The time is always wrong, even when the clock is running. You can walk right up under the structure since the transmitters are in a separate small building. I wonder what kind of birds nested, or tried to nest, in the tower.

I think this will be my last post here. I'm afraid I'm just not cut out for a daily photo. But I'll be enjoying the pictures from the rest of you guys.

Brian

• Like Like x 5
  14. Crdome

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Thanks for your narrative of the less than timely clock. Will miss seeing your postings here, but look forward to seeing them elsewhere.

15. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

Thanks mate, though don't beat yourself up too much...

Without blokes like you, my images probably wouldn't look as good... :friends: :rofl: :hiding:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. TwoWheels

TwoWheels Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 28, 2014
    British Columbia
    Evan
    I'll jump back in for December as time permits. Monday, December 1st - Made a brief stop at Finn Slough just outside of Vancouver during a quick trip over to pick up my daughter. It's a rather bizarre little backwater (literally) that I didn't know existed until I saw a photo on the forum from a Vancouver member. I think it may have been @Carbonman@Carbonman, but I'm not sure. It's scenic in it's own way, but this is the nicest building there and the only boat that's still floating. It's a dozen or so buildings that have been occupied by several generations of a family. The problem is that they don't seem to have legal title to the land. The local government apparently views them as squatters and would be happy if they would move along but they call it preserving heritage and natural space. I'll post a couple more pictures of it in another thread when I have some time.

20151201-EG010871-X2.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. TwoWheels

TwoWheels Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 28, 2014
    British Columbia
    Evan
    December 2nd - A decorative cabbage from a flower arrangement celebrating my daughter's return home.

20151202-EG010919-X2.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

Thursday 3rd December

In memory of our friend Andrew ( @Aushiker@Aushiker ) as he no doubt writhes about in pain on a bathroom floor in Bali.... :biggrin:

GM1 PL15 f/1.7
    image.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. Crdome

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Evan -Fabulous shot!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Crdome

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Thursday, December 3

Ive seen this funky bird a number of times. Today was the day to "shoot it".
    full.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1