The Creepy Doll Head Thread

Real Name
Melissa
I went out a few weekends ago on a vintage/antique photowalk. Denver has a great stretch of road affectionately referred to as "Antique Row," where you can find antiques to quench any vintage thirst. I was hoping to find some film cameras, but alas, there were none to be found.

That's not to say that my outing was unsuccessful. I did come across a unique decor item crafted solely of antique, creepy doll heads. Which I photographed with great glee. As if they aren't creepy enough, I went for some post processing that really upped the nightmare factor.

Enjoy! :laugh1:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

creepy decor by Melissa Johnson, on Flickr

creepy doll head by Melissa Johnson, on Flickr

creepier by Melissa Johnson, on Flickr

nightmarish by Melissa Johnson, on Flickr

E-M1 + 45/1.8

aKilter

Mu-43 All-Pro
I went out a few weekends ago on a vintage/antique photowalk. Denver has a great stretch of road affectionately referred to as "Antique Row," where you can find antiques to quench any vintage thirst. I was hoping to find some film cameras, but alas, there were none to be found.

That's not to say that my outing was unsuccessful. I did come across a unique decor item crafted solely of antique, creepy doll heads. Which I photographed with great glee. As if they aren't creepy enough, I went for some post processing that really upped the nightmare factor.

View attachment 529856

View attachment 529857

View attachment 529858

View attachment 529859

E-M1 + 45/1.8
Each photo has a degree of creepiness, Melissa. However, I really like the last one, as the creep factor is especially high. Nice work!

There have been a good number of them in the Photo Association thread over the years. His doll heads tend to be damaged and mounted on spikes or posts or hanging on trees.
I used to have 3 heads to work with, it's now down to one. And every time it gets shot, there is less to work with. A visit to the thrift store might be needed.

dogs100

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Geoff
There have been a good number of them in the Photo Association thread over the years. His doll heads tend to be damaged and mounted on spikes or posts or hanging on trees.
Sometimes they have Jaspar in them as an added Bonus ... although to be fair Jaspar isn't damaged or hanging off a tree.

rmcnelly

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Maybe we could just turn this into the creepy doll head thread. I too have a love of finding and shooting these things.

I actually bought this bag of them, thinking I'll pose them for a later shoot:

20170326-182916.jpg by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

20170326-183113.jpg by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

20170326-183348.jpg by Rick McNelly, on Flickr

rmcnelly

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

View attachment 529856

View attachment 529857

View attachment 529858

View attachment 529859

E-M1 + 45/1.8
Those last two are evil looking!

Real Name
Melissa
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom