The Checklist for Critiquing Your Own Photographs

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by budeny, Jun 9, 2015.

1. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    While we're forcing spirals onto images (it works for cigarette ads too!), I would have used this placement as it makes more sense to me... starts on his ear, hits his eye, nipple, and his choice of beverage...

randomfibspiral.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    I was half joking about the cigarette packaging incidentally, many of the plain packages used in Australia and New Zealand use it as a design element and I've used it as an example in the past (By memory it was the eye, hole in throat, heart full of tar... probably others however it's been a while). If you look hard enough it's in basically every image :)

674392-plain-paper-packaging-for-cigarette-as-Smart-Object-1.

All joking aside, it's worth looking at your images from the point of view of an observer and attempting to remove your own attachment to the pictures. Being able to give yourself critical feedback is of huge help and I often find myself asking others for feedback because I'm not impartial enough to do so myself once I've put so much effort into something (sunk cost fallacy).

3. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I think the golden ratio is a bunch of bunk a lot of the time, even though I see a lot of value in self-critique.