1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED The Black Mamba aka the Olympus 17mm f/2.8 (black, like new, plus lots images)

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by Jorge Ledesma, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jorge Ledesma

Jorge Ledesma Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 94.4%
    18   1   0

Aug 27, 2011
    Miami
    Ok ladies and gentlmen, up for sale its the Black Mamba or at least I like to call it that. Its the Olympus 17mm f/2.8(black, hence the nickname :wink:) in like new condition. Instead of posting images of the lens(I think we all know what it looks like), I'll put up some of the glorious images is capable of producing. It renders beautiful colors and tones and its quite sharp in my experience.

All these shots were taken with the Panasonic GF1. Also I'd like to mention it focuses pretty darn fast on the GF1 as you can see from the shots, speed in street photography is a must for some shots and the lens delivers the good with no ifs, ands, or buts. As you well know its a 35mm FOV and its the true classic way of seing the world. If you've watched the famous series "Law & Order" then you'll know how it starts — "These are their stories"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok, I know someone is asking themselves, hmm, I wonder how its going to look on my GF1. So here's an image, drool is permitted but I don't have any wipes for sale, you're on your own, salivate at will and yes, there is a medical term for that, its called ptyalism :wink: The price, yes, the lens ships from Miami, FL. and its $169.99 CONUS via PayPal. As a little bonus, it comes with a black circular vented hood as well. The kind you get on Ebay for about $10. If you're an international fellow, its a little more, let me know in what part of the world you reside and we can talk. Cheers and thanks for viewing the images and reading my little story. Interested buyers can PM me. If this sells quick, I'll ship this coming Monday.

In case you're wondering, post processing is brought to you via Adobe Lightroom 3, Silver Efex Pro 2, and off course a little magic by yours truly. :wink:

[​IMG]

2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    You are begging the question -- why are you selling??? You seem to get along with this lens so nicely. Does it come with some Jorge mojo installed?

3. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

0   0   0

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    Before I ordered the silver EM-5,I was looking to replace my silver 17 with the black version you have because it just looks odd on my black G3.Now I don't have to.I know that doesn't help you out, I just wanted to testify on behalf of this lens,the most underrated of all the native lenses.Sharp,great contrast,not that slow, very fast and quiet focusing,not to mention tiny and featherweight,this is my favorite and most used lens.Somebody is going to be very happy they bought this at your great price.
    Btw,nice shots!
    Ps,much smaller and much faster focusing than the 20 at half the cost.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jorge Ledesma

Jorge Ledesma Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 94.4%
    18   1   0

Aug 27, 2011
    Miami
    Ha ha ha, yes, I bathed it in some super Jorge mojo, and it comes with a pdf full of magic tricks :rofl: Nah just kidding. Seriously, nothing at all but I'm exploring other options. :smile:

Thank you I appreciate it. I know about the silver but I just love color harmony in my gear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.