The best cure to GAS is...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bhupinder2002, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Get the bloody gear itself lol ... I was eyeing this lens since long and recently I managed to get a decent discount on this one . So far I really love this size and responsiveness . I am get out and shoot tomorrow to see how it performs .A very very happy new year and seasons greetings to my fellow forum members :smile:
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

image by bhupinder2002, on Flickr

Test image

11667739234_1eabba94d7_b.

• Like Like x 9
  2. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    Agreed, need a cure for GAS aside from Maalox… buy what you want. :wink:

The 12-35 is a great tool, I like using and carrying it so much more than the Canon 24-70 L f/2.8 it replaced. :thumbup:

3. Bhupinder2002

Thanks a lot for input . I didn't get time to test it in my style . I normally go n shoot at random places . I think next weekend will be good for this .
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  4. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    Dawn
    BUY.....BUY.....BUY...... Only real cure for those who suffer !!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Agreed, but maybe it's a treatment not a cure? :wink:

6. Bhupinder2002

Lol .. I sell my gear to fund new purchases. Fuji X100 was sold and I bought this lens . I am happy with it so far .

7. orfeo

orfeo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 27, 2013
    FR
    the problem with consumerism society and the GAS that is resulting is that you always want to buy MORE. Even if you have acquired the most desired thing in the world to your eyes, as soon as you get it, you devellop a desire to buy the next thing, and so on. Consumerism society only result in frustration because you happiness is never fullfilled and endless frustration cycle is resulting. That is the fuel to consumerism and it's not going away anytime soon!

Anyway enjoy the lens! I too want it badly and those too : the 35-100mm, the macro 45mm, the upcoming the 42.5mm and on and on!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bhupinder2002

I agree but I have unwritten protocol .. I don't keep more than two camera bodies and 4 lenses at any given point of time . I have now OMD , GF5 , Oly 45 mm , Panasonic 12-35 , Olympus 60 mm 2.8 and Panasonic 45-150 . If I have to buy 35-100 them Oly 60 mm and Panny 45-150 will go .
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  9. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    'Congrats" on your new ADDITIONS :wink::smile:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bhupinder2002

Thanks a lot RTP :smile:
    I don't wanna buy anything in 2014 , so I bought this lens on 31st Dec .
    Cheers

11. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    I agree too, though I have no such rule… my current collection of cameras and lenses is substantial.

Though I do have my 14-45 up for sale, a very small step toward thinning :wink:

12. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I don't really limit myself too much, but try not to spend a lot of 'new' money - the full Sony setup was funded by selling my Canon 5D and primes, most of the cost of the MFT was covered by selling the L zooms.

I did just see the GM1 in a store today, and it's even tinier than I thought. May just have to sell the GF2 and a few lenses and get it ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    I have a similar rule, but my limits are 25 bodies and 100 lenses. :biggrin: Actually, that includes a lot of film gear (probably more than 80% of it) that I don't use anymore, but keep for nostalgia purposes (and because I simply don't want to sell it for a few pennies on the dollar - I'd rather collect it and admire it for it's mechanical precision). Really with digital, I am pretty good at getting rid of stuff when it's no longer going to get used and can still command some value in the market - I did keep a Nikon D50 body when I unloaded almost all of my Nikon digital gear to fund my entry into Micro 4/3, because unlike current low-end Nikons, it retains a focus motor, has a replacement ground glass screen for focusing manual lenses, and it would only have garnered around $100 if I had sold it.