The Art Filter Bracketing is sooo cool on the E-M1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by beameup, Nov 18, 2013.

1. beameup

beameup Mu-43 Regular

Oct 23, 2013
    It gives you all 12 art filter renditions with one exposure. :2thumbs:

2. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    :wink: I think the last couple of generations of Oly ยต4/3 cams did that- but yes, it is cool. I tend to just the bracket vs the individual ones- so I "have 'em all" and choose later.

3. mattphoto

mattphoto Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2013
    New York
    I use that feature to impress non-photographers. They all love it.
    Of course there are some mobile apps that do it (and a lot more filters) now, so i think the wow-factor will wear off eventually, but right now it's my go to show ff move, just before using the wifi.

My photographer friends still mock my art filters. :(

4. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Also you can choose RAW+Jpeg and have the unaltered RAW file to keep.

Great feature for filling up those SD cards.

5. CarlB

CarlB Mu-43 Veteran

Hmmm. Seems a bit smug on their part. Sounds to me like they could be missing out on a potential inspiration among all the "nopes." :)

The trick is not to overuse them, but to use one if it helps to tell the story, helps makes a compelling image, helps with the emotional tie-in - without using too much of a "photographic-cliche'."

6. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    I agree...I recently won first prize in a local contest using Dramatic tone. My LR version of a vanilla photo came in 9th. They have their uses. Fun is allowed in photography last I checked. :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  7. beameup

beameup Mu-43 Regular

Oct 23, 2013
    I've never used art filters before, preferring to spend a 1/2 hour or so, with each image, in post-processing instead.
    However, I have been waiting 4 months for retina surgery and will now have to wait another
    3 or 4 months for the eye to completely heal. Meanwhile I can have lots of fun with images
    "straight out of the camera" with this E-M1. I especially enjoy HDR, which formerly required
    many steps in PP. :smile: