The Art Filter Bracketing is sooo cool on the E-M1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by beameup, Nov 18, 2013.

1. beameup

beameup Mu-43 Regular

Oct 23, 2013
    It gives you all 12 art filter renditions with one exposure. :2thumbs:

2. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    :wink: I think the last couple of generations of Oly µ4/3 cams did that- but yes, it is cool. I tend to just the bracket vs the individual ones- so I "have 'em all" and choose later.

3. mattphoto

mattphoto Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2013
    New York
    I use that feature to impress non-photographers. They all love it.
    Of course there are some mobile apps that do it (and a lot more filters) now, so i think the wow-factor will wear off eventually, but right now it's my go to show ff move, just before using the wifi.

My photographer friends still mock my art filters. :(

4. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Also you can choose RAW+Jpeg and have the unaltered RAW file to keep.

Great feature for filling up those SD cards.

5. CarlB

CarlB Mu-43 Veteran

Hmmm. Seems a bit smug on their part. Sounds to me like they could be missing out on a potential inspiration among all the "nopes." :)

The trick is not to overuse them, but to use one if it helps to tell the story, helps makes a compelling image, helps with the emotional tie-in - without using too much of a "photographic-cliche'."

6. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    I agree...I recently won first prize in a local contest using Dramatic tone. My LR version of a vanilla photo came in 9th. They have their uses. Fun is allowed in photography last I checked. :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  7. beameup

beameup Mu-43 Regular

Oct 23, 2013
    I've never used art filters before, preferring to spend a 1/2 hour or so, with each image, in post-processing instead.
    However, I have been waiting 4 months for retina surgery and will now have to wait another
    3 or 4 months for the eye to completely heal. Meanwhile I can have lots of fun with images
    "straight out of the camera" with this E-M1. I especially enjoy HDR, which formerly required
    many steps in PP. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.