The 75/1.8... fantastic... oh, wait

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by DHart, Aug 10, 2012.

1. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    hmmmmmmmm... :frown:
    Does anyone else who pre-ordered feel like this>>>?

10 minutes of the Jeopardy theme song... sort of - YouTube

The arrival and evaluation of this lens will determine if I keep my 5DMkII and 70-200 f/2.8L-IS or not - for portraits. I have a feeling I may finally be able to let my esteemed portrait kit go to eBay. But the wait is driving me cRaZy... :rofl: Anyone else feel this way?

• Like Like x 3
  2. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Don,

I don't know how long you expect to wait, but I don't expect to see mine for another 3 weeks or so—that's if Olympus in Australia are right about how far they're back ordered.

I ordered the lens hood at the same time, and they're even worse when it comes to lens hoods.

As to the wait driving me crazy, I don't feel any more crazy than usual. It'll get here when it gets here and I'm not going to agonise in the meantime, or at least not for another 2-3 weeks when I may start to get a case of "expectation fever".

3. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    David... I'm just feeling a temporarily heightened, antagonized spell of anticipation.

In another day or so, the heightened state will likely subside and I'll be able to wait for another couple of weeks or so before posting another crazy, anticipatory post yet again! :rofl:

4. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    I feel your pain. Still waiting on mine from B&H. That whole 'available July 20' thing also got my hopes up and then they were dashed...

Can't wait to get my hands on this lens.

5. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    I had a preorder from Olympus and B&H. Olympus store told me they are shipping last Friday. After that I cancelled my B&H preorder. Then on Monday they told me they are out of stock and I can talk with the manager. It was frustrating, so I cancelled the order from there also.

Luckily I found one at Focus camera, NY this week and I received yesterday. They shipped mine same day. It still shows in stock. You can call and check. I wanted to have it before my vacation. Hopefully I will use it this weekend at the county fair.

6. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
    No pain. I got mine ages ago and the hood even one month earlier :rofl:

EDIT: Sorry guys, living here by the North Pole, makes us like this, About half of the year we don't even have enough light to... ;-)

7. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks, Serhan! I called Focus Camera and got their last 75/1.8. They said it would likely ship Monday, though I haven't seen my confirmation e-mail yet. I'm still keeping my B&H preorder in until I receive the lens, though, just in case there was a glitch in the system. Their online store still shows as in stock, but when I called, they said they only had one (and were very surprised they had one).

8. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    I hear ya Don! I know it'll be a somewhat specialty lens for me but I can't wait to get some portraits going with it :2thumbs:

9. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Hah - Hey Jordan I was calling them a bit ago and my work phone rang and I had to go deal with that. You stole my lens!!! :smile:

Enjoy!

Ken

10. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    Just got mine today :)
    First test
    katt__.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    I never received a confirmation email also. I called them after couple hrs and asked if they have the lens. They said they have it in stock and the order is processing. Then they called me back and confirmed my address. At night I saw the shipping e-mail notice from UPS. I don't know why they don't send a confirmation e-mail.

12. timgoesusa

timgoesusa Mu-43 Regular

Nov 13, 2011
    Amsterdam
    Hey,
    Got mine about a week ago in a shop in the Netherlands they got only one in. Went on a trip did some stars with the live bulb and took alot of shots with the 75mm.

Let me know what you think processed the raws through lightroom and silverfx.

Olympus 75mm Om-D Portrait-10 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

13. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Cat is out of the bag and it looks like a fantastic lens..:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    cheers
    Bhupinder

• Like Like x 1