The 21mm summilux isn't on the "compatible" list!

roygbiv

New to Mu-43
I just noticed the Leica 21mm F/1.4 Summilux m-mount lens is explicitly listed as incompatible with the OEM M-Mount adapter. (The issue noted is "may cause damage to the mount adaptor") Just curious...is this also the case with other adapter brands as well? Any experience?

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Yeah, I think you can't use it at all......Maybe the real elements are close to the sensor also.....I can't use my old 21 Angulon either.

roygbiv

New to Mu-43
Yeah, I think you can't use it at all......Maybe the real elements are close to the sensor also.....I can't use my old 21 Angulon either.
Interesting...and surprising. I was hoping for the (relative) compactness of a rangefinder wide angle to get me a crop-adjusted standard lens. I guess I could do it w/ an f/2.8 or so. Or keep hunting for other options. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on the m-mount adapter yet.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom