1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

The 20mm F1.7....

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by DekHog, Aug 21, 2011.

1. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    .... is just too short for portraits, unless you catch people at the right angle. I took about a dozen, but unfortunately she was frog-faced on about nine of them! I should have put on the 50mm, but laziness got the better of me. :biggrin:

I don't know about anyone else, but Lightroom does one hell of a job when it imports the RAW files (converted to DNG). They virtually need nothing done to them unless you want to get creative.

A touch of glamour glow, and that was it....

fxcylk.

• Like Like x 10
  2. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Really nice capture. Color/tone is great!

3. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Lovely image thatb I am sure she is pleased with - it captures her personality and displays an air of inquisitiveness and confidence with a hint of humour showing through.

4. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    I'm glad to see you really dig the lens Derek. I love it(the photo)

5. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    I agree with you completely. Of course I dent hurt to have a great model, does it? I've, personally, always preferred to be at arount 135mm ( equiv) for portraits. I think you've done really well to even get one shot that looks that good. I don't know that I could have done it with the 20mm.

Gordon