That one shot.

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by ranxoren, Jan 25, 2014.

1. ranxoren

ranxoren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    Toronto, ON
    OT
    • Like Like x 4
  2. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    read your story, it was a lovely moment that beautifully captured, glad to see this. why don't we share our "the one shot" here?

I'll start with mine.

11323885854_e17ac4451d_b.
    DSCF6526 by jyc860923, on Flickr

this is a shot from my Fujifilm X10, of a girl celebrating her birthday after the CFA cat show which she participated in holding, with friends coming from Japan, the U.S., Canada, New Zealand, and Australia. I was invited as the translator there and I felt it was an uncommon opportunity to celebrate someone's birthday in so many cultures, we were quite happy and relieved after days holding such an event for the first time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    I read your story. Having done so, the photo takes on an additional dimension and I understand the value that this image has to you. Consider cropping-out the stacked buckets on the left side to concentrate the viewer's attention to the little girl and the puppies. Otherwise, it is a fine image and thank you for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ranxoren

Apr 22, 2013
    Toronto, ON
    OT
    If you pay close attention to the middle of the centre bucket however, you'll notice that the leash one of the pups is wearing is attached to the bucket's ring.
    Thats the reasoning behind leaving them there. That and a quick reminder of the chaos of the otherwise peaceful looking scene :)

5. ranxoren

Apr 22, 2013
    Toronto, ON
    OT
    Wonderful shot! Thanks for sharing the story behind it. You can see the happiness in your subjects' faces! :)

• Like Like x 1