That Apple Thingy!

Dogman

Mu-43 Veteran
I tried using the iPad recharger with the E-PL5 battery charger, and it works there as well!

rklepper

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Robert
This is excellent news indeed. Especially since I have and extra one of those lying around. :)

OM Dude

Mu-43 Rookie
Thanks for the tip. Used my very old iPod (firewire connector) charger thingy and it works as well. Knew I should keep that thing for a reason. Thanks for the reason!

thekeddi

Mu-43 Rookie
I found out about this tip the other day, and having a spare apple 'duckhead' around I tried it. works a treat!!!

I'm ging to start collecting them if I see them for sale, a cordless charger station sounds wonderful!!!

erb3742

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Eric
Thanks for the tip! Have an extra one lying around, this works perfect!

jnewell

Mu-43 All-Pro
Not news! I posted this last year:

Here are some pics of how I'm using the Olympus OEM charger for the OM-D.

2012Olympics8-4-8040132.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2012Olympics8-4-8040131.jpg

2012Olympics8-4-8040130.jpg

WhiteyFord

New to Mu-43
As a new EM-1 owner, I was looking for a charger alternative without the long cord. Just happened to come across your post and realized I still had the old apple adapter stored in a drawer. Tried it...Life is good! :smile: Thx

Jay86

Mu-43 Veteran
Man, what an awesome idea. I think I have one of these Apple thingy's lying around somewhere too! :2thumbs:

mattphoto

Mu-43 Regular

b_rubenstein

Mu-43 All-Pro
I bought a few of those SF-Cable adapters a while ago. Aside from no moving parts, the prongs start past the back of the charger so they full engage the socket making better contact and being safer.

jnewell

Mu-43 All-Pro
I bought a few of those SF-Cable adapters a while ago. Aside from no moving parts, the prongs start past the back of the charger so they full engage the socket making better contact and being safer.

That's true, but they're bigger and the exposed prongs can play poorly with other gear in your bag. The Apple/clone adapter nests in the recess for the battery in the charger, making it very storage-friendly.

Latest threads

Top Bottom