Thank you!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by cucco, Feb 23, 2011.

1. cucco

cucco Mu-43 Regular

Dec 28, 2010
    Hi new friends!

I just wanted to say "Thanks!"

Here's why...

My wife and I used to do a lot of photography together. It was thoroughly enjoyable and exciting. So much so, that we made a business out of it and began shooting weddings and events. My wife was the owner of the business and head honcho and I think, ultimately, the business side of photography was what did her in. She got frustrated "doing photography" instead of taking pictures. Ultimately, we stopped and our DSLRs and SLRs (and all of the really fast and expensive glass, studio lights, backdrops, and so on...) have been hiding in their bags in our spare bedroom.

With the recent new-comer in our household, the EPL1 (which lead to the GH2), I've really started to get a renewed interest in plain old photography. That being said, I had a heart-to-heart with my wife and asked if she would take offense if I decided to resurrect the photography business and run it myself (so she wouldn't have to worry about the frustration of it). To my surprise, she was quite cool with the notion!

I'm throwing my hat back in the ring and going to start marketing locally for wedding and event photography (as well as KILLER videography - although I already do a lot of videography for classical concerts, etc. - I can only imagine how thrilled brides will be to get up to 5 angles of HD/1080P video with professional sound in addition to a full photo package!)

I'm actually really excited! Honestly, seeing some very inspirational photos on this board as well as the great sense of camaraderie has been instrumental in renewing my interest in photography. Couple that with a couple camera bodies and a handful of lenses that I can literally carry with me anywhere and I'm truly enjoying photography!

Granted, for weddings, I'll probably resurrect my KM/Sony/Zeiss lenses and pick up a couple of the new Sony Alpha bodies to replace my aging Minolta 7Ds. Thankfully, it looks like all of the accessories will still work!

Cheers and thanks!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Jeremy, thank you! I can read the excitement you're feeling through you words! Go for it and please keep us posted!

If you have a photography website, by all means add it to your signature line and put in in the Links section as well! Congrats on your decision and best of luck!:drinks:
  3. cucco

cucco Mu-43 Regular

Dec 28, 2010
    Thanks, BB.
    I'll add some photo links to my sig.
    At the moment, I have a flickr stream that is really more of my "toying" around with my m4/3.
    My company website (Musical and Creative Services for the Discerning Client Sublyme Records) is under complete and total renovation after my previous hosting company (siteground) literally shut my site off and tried to EXTORT money out of me to get it turned back on. (Moral of the story - avoid Siteground at all costs. Their "unlimited package" that includes unlimited size and unlimited bandwidth only applies if your "media" files are less than 5GB in total. Uh...what's the point in "unlimited?" Sorry...rant over).

Anyway, I'll get some of our wedding shots up on that site very soon. At which time, I'll post links galore (hey, it's marketing 101, right?)