Thank you, ups!!!!!!!!!!!

Photorx12

Mu-43 Regular
Unique Photo is not as helpful in this situation as I hoped. They will offer me a refund, but that does little to me when this camera and lens is not available to me for less than $600.00 (I paid 379.00). They kept telling that they were losing out more than me because ups will only comp them a certain amount. This is just terrible service from both companies, just would think satisfying the customer comes first but i guess some companies beg to differ on that concept.

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Unique Photo is not as helpful in this situation as I hoped. They will offer me a refund, but that does little to me when this camera and lens is not available to me for less than $600.00 (I paid 379.00). They kept telling that they were losing out more than me because ups will only comp them a certain amount. This is just terrible service from both companies, just would think satisfying the customer comes first but i guess some companies beg to differ on that concept.
That is pretty terrible customer service on both their parts. I can see that Unique Photo is trying to blame UPS so they probably think a refund is generous on their part. This is a case where they should step up and make things right. It would benefit them more in terms of sales to do so than they can ever imagine.

pxpaulx

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
Given that the 14mm kits are completely gone from their website, my guess would be that they can't fulfill a replacement. I'll bet they'd sub one of the 14-42mm kits, but that isn't really why we all bought these at $379 in the first place. Since they sent these cameras out uninsured, I'm guessing UPS probably only covers something like the first $200 automatically (that is their problem to deal with, and probably why UPS just delivered it as is).

Though it takes companies awhile to announce when cameras are officially discontinued, my guess would be the GF2 is no longer shipping now that the GF3 is hitting the shelves (especially in the US, where m4/3 is not a huge market holder).

BruPri

Mu-43 Regular
Do you have a local TV station/newspaper that has a consumer advocate guy/gal that can go to bat for you, they love this kind of story, the media would eat this up... a little publicity will stop the finger pointing and get you results.

Gusnyc

Mu-43 Veteran
Maybe you could send a link to this thread to The Consumerist

I am so sorry for the experience you are going through. It seems obvious to me that UPS is the one to blame.

zettapixel

Mu-43 Veteran
They will offer me a refund, but that does little to me when this camera and lens is not available to me for less than $600.00 (I paid 379.00).
Why can't they replace it? If they just don't have it in stock you can probably agree on them shipping it when they get it. If they don't sell this item anymore the return for the same amount is really all they can reasonably offer.

They kept telling that they were losing out more than me because ups will only comp them a certain amount.
That sounds like a BS, any shipper (who is not an idiot) would insure the package for full amount.

krugorg

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I am really sorry this happened to you! I hope the one of the parties stands up and makes this right for you.

I have been lucky I guess, with no issues with either UPS or FedEx. I have heard that it is difficult to get them to pay up in the event of loss... what is the point of insurance coverage?

Photorx12

Mu-43 Regular
They also had told me that due to tje fact that the gf2 is discontinued, they cannot provide a replacement. I plan in calling back later in the day to speak to a manager and try to resolve this in a better fashion. I did receive an email with an invoice stating I am receiving a full refund.

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus
Abominable!

It's my belief that no store would ship out a crushed camera. They'd simply say sorry, we ran out of stock. Why go through all the BS. Why take a bad rap. They seem quite concerned about their online reputation, and it seems to be a damn good one too.

It's UPS IMHO that needs to step up big here and get you replacement value. Some items can not be replaced by the dollar value, or what your expenditure was. Those items require replacement value.

This is a really sad tale, I'm sorry your excitement was turned into disappointment.

Alan

dmc

Mu-43 Regular
I am a member of the "an employee crushed it and covered it up" train of thought. In my personal experience, courier companies are tough to get a dime out of in these situations. I now insist on US Postal Service for my shipments from the US. They deliver on time, as promised, and their fees are very reasonable, and, in five years of shipping, they have not let me down once. For what it is worth . . .

zettapixel

Mu-43 Veteran
They also had told me that due to tje fact that the gf2 is discontinued, they cannot provide a replacement. I plan in calling back later in the day to speak to a manager and try to resolve this in a better fashion. I did receive an email with an invoice stating I am receiving a full refund.
Photorx12,
It is, of course, a terrible inconvenience for you, but it really was UPS's fault. The store is unlikely to give you more money because it would be, essentially, punishing them for the low GF2 price. Good luck anyway, maybe you can get more store credit if you purchase a more expensive replacement from them.

WT21

Super Moderator
If they are out of stock, though, and aren't getting any more, then they can't do much else :frown:

But maybe the manager can find one of those spare ones "lying around" somewhere, but I think this is more clearly UPS's fault.

Photorx12

Mu-43 Regular
I'm so frustrated with the whole situation that I'm just gonna move on and leave it alone. All I can do is no longer use either of thief services. With the 400 I got back I will either get a g3 or get the ep3. I had ordered the ep3 in silver, but cancelled order when I bought the gf2 for 379.00.

Maeda

Mu-43 Regular
At least it wasn't shipped from Panasonic Direct. It would take months for a replacement to arrive, and you wouldn't get any notice that it was on the way...
Plese don't go there. :biggrin:

I'm sorry to hear about your debacle. I'll be sitting in my jammies from morning til evening tomorrow waiting for my camera. UPS throws all of my packages over my 6' tall fence.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom