1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Thank you, ups!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Photorx12, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    UPS delivered my GF2 kit today......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Holy Freaking #$%*&%!!! How could this have been this bad through all the packaging and they just deliver it?

• Like Like x 1
  3. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    OUCH! :eek:

Hope they replace it quickly.

4. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    It was obvious that they repackaged it because the box I recieved looked brand new, but when I opened the box I saw a torn up panasonic box and a bunch of camera parts fell out.

5. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Oh my word! What a grisly mess. Was the box crushed completely?

Did UPS carry a smashed flat box to your door and leave it??

That is unbelievable...

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I've never seen anything like that before :frown:.

7. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    No Alan, they placed the original crushed box in a brand new un altered box then gave to me and after I signed and opened the box I found the damage they tried to to conceal. I called Unique Photo to let them know so that UPS doesn't try to hold them liable but they were gone for the day. I will have to deal with this tomorrow. Worst thing is that I was going on a trip tomorrow and was gonna use this camera with the rokker you recommended....so much for that plan.

8. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Wow, all I can say is wow. UPS comes here two to three times per week, I have to echo Amin. I have never seen anything like that, ever.

It was very obviously run over by a truck or a fork lift at the shipping center.

Flabbergasting that they would re-box and leave that crushed camera for you to deal with.

Alan

9. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    That was the part that upset me the most, that they would have the cohones to rebox and play me for a fool. It is so disapointing and disrespectful.

10. G1 User

G1 User Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 20, 2010
    It looks it got ran over by a truck... or warehouse picker truck.

Make them buy you a new one!

11. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    At work, we avoid UPS like the plague. They're cheaper than FedEx, but you get what you pay for... I don't like the way they plop down high dollar items on my front step and don't require a signature.

12. Warren T.

Warren T. Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    San Francisco
    Egads! You should have put a warning not to open the post for the faint of heart and weak stomachs. :) When I saw the title, I was expecting a happy unboxing story.

I'm sorry that it happened to you. It was obviously run over by something. I've never heard of the re-boxing stunt before, it's totally ridiculous.

13. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    It had to be run over. What else could crush a camera like that? Just to add my voice to the chorus, I've never seen anything that bad. Be sure to let us know how you make out after talking to UPS.

14. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I hate UPS too - always hold until the delivery date, even if it is sitting in the warehouse in town - my driver is nice though, he'll swing back around if I miss something (kinda sad that he knows me that well, haha).

That is just unbelievable, obviously driven over.

15. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    At least it wasn't shipped from Panasonic Direct. It would take months for a replacement to arrive, and you wouldn't get any notice that it was on the way...

16. dfroelich

dfroelich Mu-43 Regular

Nov 15, 2010
    I bet someone bought the camera, dropped/crushed/destroyed it then bought another to replace it. Then, they returned the destroyed one in the new box saying: "never opened" for a full refund, keeping the intact camera.

17. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    Notice how they cut out the shipping label from the original box and how worn out it looks, then replaced onto a new box.

[​IMG]

18. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    I did talk to UPS, and they cant help me out and file a report until they hear from the vendor to get an estimate for a value of the product.

19. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    it's painfully obvious that some moron at the warehouse drove a forklift or something over your box. Rather than tell his boss and fill out paperwork (or possibly get written up) he threw the whole thing in an empty box before anyone noticed.

Unfortunately now it's on you to report it and follow up.

20. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Oh good lord...