Thank you Amin….!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Rich M, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    It is that time of year to reflect and give thanks, I and many others, on the now five photo communities that Amin has set up want to thank him for his vision, perseverance, patience, consistency and sense of purpose.

Notice I used the word community……not photo site. I have forged friendships with individuals I have never met face to face. I have gained insight into the artistic vision of others across the globe. I have asked and gotten advice on things other than cameras and gear. I have found a sense of place. I sometimes feel like I am in the old TV show "Cheers" (does that show my age?).

So…..on the eve of Thanksgiving, I would like to thank Amin and the tireless site admins for inviting me and others into their home and sharing.

Thank you Amin.

• Like Like x 23
  2. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Thanks Amin and the mod staff for all their efforts here and the other associated forums!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thank you, Rich and Jay. I know I'm getting way too much credit from you here, Rich, I appreciate it very much. I know exactly what you mean about Cheers, and I'm so glad we've been able to create these communities. The other day, Andrew's thread about Gary was a wonderful example of what they mean to us.

I'm very thankful to all of our members and especially to the moderators. I went through some months of personal/work issues where I couldn't spend the time to enjoy or work here, and our leading moderators and members only made this home on the web better than ever. Thank you, everyone!

• Like Like x 3
  4. AdamSF

AdamSF Shutterbugger

Oct 13, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    Adam
    Yup, thanks folks!

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I'll add my thanks to Amin for creating an environment that is friendly, welcoming and interesting. I also appreciate the opportunity to contribute in small ways as part of the mods group. Thank you! :th_salute:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Absotively.

The site has even improved my posture, as well.

See, I used to sit with one hip higher than the other due to my wallet having cash and credit cards stored in it...

Now I sit flat. Absolutely...flat.

:biggrin:

Seriously - this joint has meant a lot to this old man in learning new methods, technologies, and considering new opinions.

Many thanks to all of those who spend time, treasure, and effort in keeping everything running.

Very best regards,

Jim

• Like Like x 2
  7. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    I too tremendously enjoy this site. Especially when we can have civil dialog even when we disagree.

8. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    Yes, x1000 !!! :2thumbs: :smile: :clap2::bravo-009::bowdown::yahoo:

---

P.S. How did I forget the moderators….thanks for the reminder Robstar.

I've been one, it's work, cheers and a special thanks to all moderators, assistants, and behind the scenes folks as well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Thanks Amin - a true enthusiast !
    Thanks also to the mods
    Regards
    Rob

• Like Like x 2