Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by BAKatz, Oct 26, 2010.

1. BAKatz

BAKatz Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 9, 2010
    Riverdale, NY
    First, let me thank everyone who responded to my last post; "what would you buy?"..the motive behind the post was pretty straightforward, though the financial figure may have been a little optimistic..I really just wanted some help from people who really understand this camera, and I was seeking some learned advice. I'm new to this, and i find this forum a font of information, though admittedly i don't understand everything that you guys talk about..I dont PHOTOSHOP my photos, because quite frankly i dont know how,nor do i own a copy of it yet ( someday ). I still have to rely on my own creativity and let the camera show my vision. though i'm still confused, i'll probably add the VF-2 first, then another lens(i'll stick to OLYs for now ). Again,thanks to everyone for your help. BAK:2thumbs:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    i take it you purchased an olympus pen?

Good luck with it! :D happy to hear the kind people of this forum could help you out!
  3. briandforever

briandforever Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2010
    i think you should get a lens first, by doing so, you can expand your creativities and possibilities.

while the evf2 is just to help in taking picture conditions such as manual focus or out side in bright sunlight
    most of them suggesting evf2 is because they mostly have lenses, while you dont.

if someday you found any limitations with the lcd, than get the evf2 :)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. shoturtle

Oct 15, 2010
    with the lenses, it really comes down with what kind of things you are shooting. There are things the oly lens may be the better option, and time the panny lens is the better option. So figuring out what you want like to shoot and budget will determine what is the best lens option for you.

The VF-2 is helpful if you are using a telephoto lens. It make framing allot easier, especially for handheld stuff.