Texel, The Netherlands (2019)

Patrick02

Mu-43 Regular
A few weeks ago I visited Texel, a nice island in the province of North Holland in the Netherlands. It is the largest island in the Wadden Sea.

Our cottage was located near "De Slufter", the only area in the Netherlands where the sea washes in unhindered. At high tide the sea floods the creeks in the area and De Slufter becomes full. The only plants that grow here are ones that can withstand salt water, such as sea lavender and sea aster.

48716554551_9b650342a9_z.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In the beginning of this year 20 Konik horses were moved from the "Oostvaardersplassen", a nature reserve in the Netherlands, to "De Slufter".

48716558076_08de9dfc0d_z.jpg

In the northernmost tip of the island you can find the Eierland Lighthouse. It was first lit in 1864. In 1945 the lighthouse suffered heavy damage. It was repaired by constructing a new wall around the damaged lighthouse. When you visit the lighthouse you can also walk between the old and the new wall and see the damage that was done.

48716557846_b45aa9445d_z.jpg

48716554996_907478255c_z.jpg

48716226233_058f9c0d97_z.jpg

Sunset taken at the North Sea beach near the lighthouse

48716557426_b8325df38f_z.jpg

Windmill "Het Noorden" located at the east side of the island near the Wadden Sea. It was build in 1878 and was used to regulated the water level in polder Het Noorden, but now it is not in use anymore.

48716225138_34bac97513_z.jpg

Last edited:

myhl

Mu-43 Rookie
I had to find my login information so that I could comment, what a beautiful and informative set of photos you have posted.
Thank you

Patrick02

Mu-43 Regular
I had to find my login information so that I could comment, what a beautiful and informative set of photos you have posted.
Thank you
Thank you. It was my first visit to Texel and I liked it very much. I tried to compile a set of photos that shows the beauty of the island.

Patrick02

Mu-43 Regular
Wow, this post is featured on the frontpage. Thank you!

It reminds me that I should go out more often and enjoy the photographic experience and share the results with you all.

A few weeks ago I visited Texel, a nice island in the province of North Holland in the Netherlands. It is the largest island in the Wadden Sea.

Our cottage was located near "De Slufter", the only area in the Netherlands where the sea washes in unhindered. At high tide the sea floods the creeks in the area and De Slufter becomes full. The only plants that grow here are ones that can withstand salt water, such as sea lavender and sea aster.

View attachment 774056

In the beginning of this year 20 Konik horses were moved from the "Oostvaardersplassen", a nature reserve in the Netherlands, to "De Slufter".

View attachment 774057

In the northernmost tip of the island you can find the Eierland Lighthouse. It was first lit in 1864. In 1945 the lighthouse suffered heavy damage. It was repaired by constructing a new wall around the damaged lighthouse. When you visit the lighthouse you can also walk between the old and the new wall and see the damage that was done.

View attachment 774058

View attachment 774059

View attachment 774060

Sunset taken at the North Sea beach near the lighthouse

View attachment 774061

Windmill "Het Noorden" located at the east side of the island near the Wadden Sea. It was build in 1878 and was used to regulated the water level in polder Het Noorden, but now it is not in use anymore.

View attachment 774062
These are lovely shots.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom