Texas Meetup!

Discussion in 'Mu-43 Member Activities, Meetups, and Hangouts' started by Bokeaji, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Hey just trying to see how much interest there is in getting together a group of texas people for some shooting

im personally in austin, but can get to dallas, houston, san antonio easily enuf to not be a bother

dont have any specific types of photography thought out... figure thatll come when we decide when and where

so... any interest? if so, pipe up in here or on the similar thread im about to start on seriouscompacts and fuji!

2. ajamils

ajamils Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 20, 2012
    Richmond, Texas
    I would love to join the group and learn a thing or two from fellow members. I am in Houston.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2.

3. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    woot! lets hope a few more people chime in and arent shy in the shadows! :D

4. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Houston also

5. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    I'm in North Austin.

Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film. -- (Steven Wright)

6. kgeissler

kgeissler Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2012
    Rowlett, TX
    I would be interested. I live in Dallas.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

7. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin
    Houston for me too. We can meet at HCE or Hermann Park!

8. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin
  9. wclavey

wclavey Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Westley
    I'm in Katy (far west Houston) and would be interested...

10. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin
    I wouldn't mind heading out to katy for some Rita's frozen custard too. any good spots for shooting on the west side?

11. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Well dang. I got snagged away off to NE ft worth for the weekend. And next weekend I've got moto gp tickets at new track in Austin.
    When is good for everyone?
    Hopefully it can be a once a month thing?

12. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    You don't need to go all the way out to Katy ... There's one around the corner here in Clear Lake

13. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
  14. wclavey

wclavey Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Westley
    When I go out shooting, I always feel that my choices right around here are limited: the woods in George Bush park or the woods in one of the sections of Bear Creek park. If I'm not in the mood for woods, I head further west to at least Eagle Lake or northwest to the many small towns between here and Austin or east into the city. This is kind of a photographic no-man's land.

15. ajamils

ajamils Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 20, 2012
    Richmond, Texas
    Exactly!! I feel the same. Living in big city has it's advantages but when it come to photography, there is not much to take pictures of. I specially feel envious of people who post great landscapes, birds and wildlife from around their house. :mad:

16. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    What about Chappell Hill and/or Brenham. Lots of nice older churches and buildings plus Blue Bell ice cream.

Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film. -- (Steven Wright)

17. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin
    Not a bad idea. We can take a tour of blue bell

18. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    Somehow we all got distracted and dropped this. I'm still interested. Anyone else in Austin interested?

19. briloop

briloop Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Mount Juliet, TN
    I'm in Pflugerville. Now that summer is here, I would like to do early morning photowalks on the weekends in downtown Austin or South Congress near Gueros. Maybe we could find a model or two.

20. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    I'm in jonestown and always love shooting in downtown Austin. I can do early morning and also if we do later in the afternoon (and yes it will be hot) then the streets are full of interesting people so the city provides the models. Other than the 16th of June (fathers day), I'm available. Anyone else is welcome to join us.

Jim

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film... Steven Wright
    G5
    P20
    P14-45
    P45-200
    Nikon 55 2.8 micro
    Kiron 105 2.8 micro
    O12-60