1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Texas Bluebonnets

Discussion in 'Nature' started by zman m4/3, Apr 19, 2010.

1. zman m4/3

zman m4/3 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 28, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Went out and took some pictures of Bluebonnets over the weekend. Such a beautiful wildflower. Bluebonnets.

• Like Like x 6
  2. texascbx

texascbx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Texas
    Where did you take that pic zman? They are just now coming out around here in Corsicana.

3. Ninja

Ninja Mu-43 Regular

Jan 30, 2010
    More, please!

A very nice pic, thanks for posting.

The Bluebonnets have been especially beautiful around San Antonio and North into the Hill Country this year, too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. zman m4/3

zman m4/3 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 28, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Took this one in Plano. They've been in bloom for a couple of weeks up here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

zman, this is a really nice photo of some beautiful flowers! Are you in what's known as "the Hill Country"? I think the intensity of the blue is super and the depth of field worked out really well. I went into your gallery to check if I was right that it was taken with an Olympus. Nice E-PL1 shot.:biggrin: Was this with the zoom lens?

While in your gallery I came upon that picture of the two baby doves! Wow! What an amazing shot!:2thumbs: Would love to hear more about that one, too.

Many thanks for posting!

• Like Like x 1
  6. zman m4/3

zman m4/3 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 28, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    This was taken with the Panasonic 45mm Prime on the E-PL1. We are well north of the Hill Country in the flatlands of Dallas/Ft. Worth. San Antonio / Austin area is really beautiful and you can find fields of wildflowers this time of year.

7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, zman. You did some very nice work with that lens on the E-PL1. Texas is such a huge state, I've really only been to Austin and Dripping Springs - and that was too many years ago to count.

Again, many thanks for these!