Teton Range, cold winter morning

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Mellow, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Three from this morning. Zero degrees Fahrenheit--nearly froze my fingers off!

All with Panasonic G3 + 14-45mm kit lens, minimal PP with LR-4

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 12
  2. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    Great photos! Number 3 is really great.

3. riveredger

riveredger Mu-43 Regular

Aug 30, 2010
    Northern NJ
  4. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    Very nice! I think my favorite is #2.
  5. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    #3 is my favourite. Great mix of foreground and background elements. What exposure settings were you using? On first glance they appear underexposed yet when you look at them closely it seems to suit the images somehow.
  6. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Thanks for the kind words. I think both were f/5.6 at 1/100-1/250 second, ISO 160. Low-light is always a little bit a dilemma for me--do you brighten them up in PP? I just try to make the photo reflect what I saw, and it was just after sunrise, so pretty dark. Lots of snow to reflect the light though, so it was brighter than you might otherwise think.
  7. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Nice images. You are a better person than I to brave the cold and an early morning start in pursuit of photographs.

8. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Thank you for nearly freezing so we could see these!:biggrin:
  9. elle s'ennuie

elle s'ennuie Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2012
    Beautiful. Number 3 is gorgeous. Surely worth suffering the freezing temperatures for!
  10. dannat

dannat Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    I enjoyed this region when I visited last year, looks great all yr round bu nsw adds something
  11. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    You're a glutton for punishment, but you certainly came back with images worthy of the endeavour. They're all beautiful, I especially like #3.
  12. #2 is my favorite. I can feel the cold mountain morning. Thanks for sharing.