Testing a new head.

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by nickthetasmaniac, Feb 29, 2012.

1. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Tri-pod head that is :wink: I had my new Sirui K10X ball-head delivered from Mainline Photographics the other day, and finally got a chance to test it this arvo up at West Head, on the north coast of Tasmania.

First impressions are very favourable - beautifully made from machined aluminium with very smooth operation and very stable when locked up. It was also much cheaper than comparable models from the top Italian brands. I decided on the Sirui partly on the advice of forum member Flash (Gordon) so thanks!

Shot with my GH2, CV Nokton 25mm and a couple of B+W 4-stop ND and CPL filters stacked (an 8-stop would have been better but oh well...).

6794713480_931cf18d26_b.

6794713090_3561cf3c13_b.

6940826209_574f21acf0_b.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Thanks for the post. Will be interested in your impressions after a few months of field use. Were you able to compare the K10X against the G10?

3. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Hey mate, no I never had a chance to try the G10 - the store I bought it from only stocked the K range.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.