1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Test of EXIF from Flickr and home PC

Discussion in 'Back Room' started by BosseBe, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Just trying to see how posts of the same picture behaves with respect to EXIF data between Flickr and my home PC. Is it there from both places?

Flickr:
    37605477014_fe44b28334_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    P1080777_DxO_Web by Bo Benson, on Flickr

From home PC:

P1080777_DxO_Web.jpg

I have no idea how this will work, but let's see!

2. relic

relic Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 21, 2010
    North Carolina, USA
    I can confirm that with my computer running Windows 7 and Firefox with Exif Viewer plug-in, EXIF is displayed for both photos.

3. Attached Files:

4. Last test (for now) full size picture from PC
    P1080777.JPG

5. relic

relic Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 21, 2010
    North Carolina, USA
    For what it's worth, #1 displays EXIF, but for #2 and #3 Exif Viewer says it is unable to extract some or all of the EXIF data, which may have been removed from the image file.

6. @relic@relic Thanks for the info.
    My conclusions from this test has been posted in this thread:
    What Images are Expected of Members

But I will summarize them here also:
    I just checked some of the pictures I have uploaded and found that original size pictures that are resized by this site is stripped of EXIF.
    If I resize for the Web on my PC before upload, 1600 pixels on longest side, the EXIF remains after upload.

Full size picture from Flickr inserted by copying BB-Code retains the EXIF.
    Letting Flickr resize the picture to 1600x1201 as I copy the BB-Code removes the EXIF!

Full size picture from PC has it's EXIF removed, probably in the resizing process.

• Informative Informative x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.