Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by angloasturian, Jul 5, 2010.

1. angloasturian

angloasturian Mu-43 Veteran

Not far from me there is a reservoir which is used for different types of canoe racing. The building you can see in the first two photos is a school for elite sportsmen and women. They'd just hosted the national championships and these tents caught my eye.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Colin, those tents caught my eye, too - they're wonderful! I keep expecting a knight to step forth - or to peek inside to see someone else from times long past.

What a picturesque and interesting part of the world you live in and around. I'm quite jealous, incase you couldn't tell.:wink:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Yeah, the first shot of the tents is really fine (I like the single row more than the parallel rows for some reason), although there's something really freaky about those tents. I guess for someone who grew up in the US at a certain time, they look frighteningly like KKK hoods. They have nothing to do with anything like that, but I have to confess I had that immediate reaction. No fault of the photograph - just old leftover personal baggage I guess.

I really wish you'd gone in close and tried to do something with the stack of orange chairs lying on the table too. Some really interesting shapes in there - it took me a little while to figure out what I was looking at and I think there are some amazing images hiding in that stack of chairs somewhere!

• Like Like x 2
  4. angloasturian

angloasturian Mu-43 Veteran

Thanks Ray. I included the chairs simply as a contrast to the other colours in the frame. By the way, I have photos of the Easter processions in Aviles from a few years ago - and they would really freak you out (as you say). Unfortunately they were not taken in Micro 43 as it didn't exist then - but here are a few examples (taken with Panasonic FZ7).
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Yikes! These are probably where the KKK got their design ideas. I'm kidding... They do, however, make me think of The Spanish Inquisition.:frown::eek: but that could just be my imagination.

Great shots, Colin!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Great work Colin, thanks ! Well done !
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Colin, the 'three hats' image is stunning... this is scary stuff! :2thumbs: