Temppeliaukio Kirkko - Helsinki

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by nickthetasmaniac, Feb 10, 2013.

1. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    • Like Like x 12
  2. NVar

NVar Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 4, 2011
    Great pics, also the other Helsinki pics in your blog and on flickr! That church is right in my neighbourhood: I live about 300 metres away. It's a really popular tourist spot, especially in summer.

You've had quite a long trip from Tasmania (which is one place I'd love to visit when time and money permits). I've been to Australia once, but unfortunately the trip then didn't include Tasmania.

The Panny 7-14 mm and the Voigtländer were some of my favourite m43 lenses. I've since migrated to Fuji and had to sell all m43 gear, but this is a very nice forum and I find myself checking back now and then.
  3. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011

I've been to Finland a few times now, my brother lives with his Finnish wife in Söderkulla near Helsinki. It's a beautiful country (especially in winter!) but you're right, it's a bloody long way - last time the flight from my hometown to Helsinki including stopovers took 49hrs :eek:
  4. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    great photos. nice shape and patterns.
  5. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    These are definitely my type of pictures! Great set man!
  6. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    I like it all, well done!
  7. aldus

aldus Mu-43 Regular

Dec 24, 2012
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Dennis Moser
    Thank you — it was my first trip to Helsinki (and Finland!) and this was one of the places I got to visit. It was pre-µ4/3, so I guess I have to go back with my new gear!

This was one of the other treasures I discovered in that wonderful city (sorry, it's a FaceBook album — I promise I'll be migrating them!):

Again, thanks for sharing these!
  8. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Very cool architecture and great photos - thanks for sharing these! :thumbup: