Teleconverter MC-14 Tests and Samples

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Lindsay D, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Lindsay D

Lindsay D Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 2, 2013
    West Sussex, England
    Lindsay
    I know that one or two people have been asking about how well the new Olympus teleconverter performs. I tested it briefly last November but today I conducted a more detailed field review. If any of you are still curious some thoughts and images can be seen here (with 100% crops at the end): http://lindsaydobsonphotography.com/pets/olympus-teleconverter-mc14-field-review/

I'd say it's a remarkable performer and is a perfect partner to the new lens.

• Like Like x 5
  2. And it can be used on adapted lenses if it fits in your adapter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AussiePhil

AussiePhil Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2014
    Canberra, ACT, Aust
    Phil
    :smile: Even the 4/3rds ones with some judicious sanding of a MMFx adapter...

I shot a few test chart shots with the Canon 85-300 F4.5 and a Canon 2X in front of the MC14 a couple nights ago... waiting for a nice sunny weekend day to test it in the real world

4. AussiePhil

AussiePhil Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2014
    Canberra, ACT, Aust
    Phil
    got a couple of photos with this rig...... the MC14 can add even more reach to legacy glass, have some images that i'll post later to a new thread
    16453473261_18e859810f_b. Em1 and fd canon by aussiephil1960, on Flickr

• Like Like x 3
  5. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Legend

Really wish this was compatible with the 75mm f1.8. 75mm f1.8 and 105mm f2.5 in one. And the 75mm f1.8 is sharp enough to handle a TC, no problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.