Teach Your Children Well

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by penfan2010, Jul 21, 2012.

1. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    At the East Side Gallery, Berlin. E-P2 with Olympus 14-150mm.

• Like Like x 18
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Excellent shot - I really like this one. We DO need to teach our children. :thumbup:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    I understand what you mean about the sarcasm, but, even if I could not hear what the father was actually saying to his son, it felt very much like he was making a bigger point about the Wall and all it stood for.
  4. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    I think it is an excellent image.
    As for showing the wall to a child, it is a wall on a on what looks like a public street. My guess is the father did not go to "show" the wall but since it was there maybe was explaining what he was seeing. Kids are very bright, young kids are exposed to all kinds of things these days including crack houses and murder scenes. I would hope they had responsible parents around to help them understand that regretfully the world is not sunshine and roses. We (at least here in the US) lost our inocents years ago.

I do agree with cropping the image to the bottom of the coat.
  5. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Very poignant image penfan. I visited Berlin last year and what shocked me was that this wall and all it stood for wasn't that long ago. For some reason I generally envisage that wars were a long time ago but when I heard this wall came down only in 1989 ,I was amazed as that was a the same year I was born.
    • Like Like x 1