Taylor Optics series V lenses?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Marine Paethor, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Marine Paethor

Marine Paethor Mu-43 Regular

Feb 17, 2013
    I am planning to pick up a couple of older lenses and adapters for my new G5. I was looking in a shop in town today and was offered two Taylor Optics Series V wide angle auxiliary lenses. I can't seem to find much info about them other than there is a set currently on ebay for $500. Does anybody know anything about these? It looks like they screw on to another lens, but they don't say what type. What type of lens would I use them with, or how would I mount them on my G5? And should I pick them up?

Thanks for any input.
  2. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    Series V is a size for an adapter ring from maybe 50 years ago. Series VI and VII were also popular. These two lenses were meant to screw into a Series V adapter on your 1960's rangefinder lens and give wide angle and telephoto.

What does a G5 use, a 14-42X with a 37mm filter? If so, you would buy a Series V to 37mm adapter ring off ebay if you wanted to test them.

Someone is having fun on ebay asking $500 though. Maybe there's a collector who would pay that, but it seems to me more like $20 and only if you owned them in 1962 and felt sentimental. You can buy WA adapters today starting at $29.