1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Taylor Optics series V lenses?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Marine Paethor, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Marine Paethor

Marine Paethor Mu-43 Regular

Feb 17, 2013
    Oregon
    Donny
    I am planning to pick up a couple of older lenses and adapters for my new G5. I was looking in a shop in town today and was offered two Taylor Optics Series V wide angle auxiliary lenses. I can't seem to find much info about them other than there is a set currently on ebay for $500. Does anybody know anything about these? It looks like they screw on to another lens, but they don't say what type. What type of lens would I use them with, or how would I mount them on my G5? And should I pick them up?

Thanks for any input.

2. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    Series V is a size for an adapter ring from maybe 50 years ago. Series VI and VII were also popular. These two lenses were meant to screw into a Series V adapter on your 1960's rangefinder lens and give wide angle and telephoto.

What does a G5 use, a 14-42X with a 37mm filter? If so, you would buy a Series V to 37mm adapter ring off ebay if you wanted to test them.

Someone is having fun on ebay asking $500 though. Maybe there's a collector who would pay that, but it seems to me more like $20 and only if you owned them in 1962 and felt sentimental. You can buy WA adapters today starting at $29.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.