Taroona shot tower (Tasmania, Australia)

Ted

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Theo B
Hey guys, I wanted to share this as I'm super proud of myself. As I have said in other threads, I still consider myself an absolute beginner and am constantly learning. I've had a camera for awhile now but my ex used to do all my Photoshopping for me, so this one is very much a first. Feedback and constructive criticism is very much encouraged, I'm hard to offend and very eager to improve :thumbup:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Taroona shot tower. by Theo Batchelor, on Flickr

"Two exposures where I took the sky from one and added it to the other. Trees are a little dodgy as I have the attention span of a five year old and there was a slight breeze between exposures. Not perfect, but I learnt a lot and I'm happy."

Ted

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Theo B
As low as my tripod could get, which was still above the base of the tower as it's actually in a hole! I believe that was the tallest structure in Australia when it was built :smile:

pellicle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
pellicle
It did make me wish I had a wider lens, though!
Stitch and then correct.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

the end of Winter
This image is 4 portrait images stitched into a landscape. Its taken with a 50mm lens yet equals more like a 28 on full frame but the resulting file is 9,000 x 3,800 pixels.

It the subject isn't moving wide lenses are no longer really needed :)

Ted

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Theo B
Wow, that looks amazing! I love the colours in it too, really cool image. Did you stitch it in Photoshop? Like I said up the top, my ex girlfriend used to do all my Photoshopping for me so I'm very new at this. I will look up some tutorials :smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom