1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Target sells the GF3.

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by lenshoarder, Oct 6, 2011.

1. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I saw the GF3 at Target yesterday. I'll keep my eye on it. Let's just say that higher end cameras don't sell very well at Target so they get cleared out for nothing in the end. The NEX3 got cleared out for $150. Right now, the Nikon D3000 and a Canon are $250 which is still only 50% off. They still have one tier left to go. Target only keeps things around for a few months at most. When it hits 75% off, I'll be all over the GF3.

2. DDBazooka

DDBazooka Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    The D3000 should be $300 on clearance, if it's $250 that's a pretty good deal.

75% is quite a reach, you might lose it at 50% :)

3. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Wow 150$ for the Nex would be cool to try it out..maybe just for peaking and some legacy lenses. Good thing (for my wallet) I'm not in the states often.

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I heard the NEX-3 was on clearance at some Target's for $300 a while back. $150 is an incredible price. It's a no brainer for that.

5. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I'll have to swing by target on my way home. That would be a cool little legacy glass toy.

6. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Absolutely. It happened last January. I got mine when it was at $300. Then a few days later it dropped to $150 but they were sold out at that store. Target doesn't price adjust so I was stuck at $300. I ran around looking for another but all my local stores were sold out.

Here's the receipt of someone who got it for $150.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=479335&d=1295815532

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    My local Target still hasn't put them on clearance at all. I told them about the $300 price, but they said that varies from state to state and that they weren't doing it yet.

8. DDBazooka

DDBazooka Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    Costco also has the NEX-3 two lens kit for 399 IF you can find it :)

9. SWW

SWW New to Mu-43

Jun 3, 2011
    Target and Walmart

I found a "great" deal at a local Walmart - an Oly e-410 for $369 (marked down from $399). Target is much better at moving older tech. Walmart seems more like a kmart with better margins.

10. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I also saw the GF3 and Olympus E-pm1 side by side at my local target over the weekend. Funny thing was they had the flash attached to the e-pm1! I slid it off and on just for kicks, doubt it will be on that display camera for long.

11. SNTP

SNTP Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2011
    oooo if the GF3 does drop 50% in price I'd totally snap that up. My EPL1 is feeling a bit run down as of late. I was even asked by another photographer if my camera was sick due to the slow burst speed haha. I just had to tell him "nope, that's as fast as she goes!"