1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Tamron lens adapter

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by chrisosh, Sep 25, 2015.

1. chrisosh

chrisosh New to Mu-43

Sep 17, 2015
    Ibiza, Spain
    Hi I'm very new here, I recently got a good deal on a GF3, as I had been wanting to try M4/3 I bought it with the standard kit lens 14-42mm.
    One of the reasons I was interested was the size of the GF and the fact I have a selection of old lenses I was hoping I could use with it, I have a Tamron Adaptall 28-70 Mod 59a with an Oly OM bayonet on it, looking at the adapters on eBay they all have a male bayonet at each end, one obviously for the M 4/3 but I can't see how it would fit to the Tamron.
    Is there a female fitting under the OM bayonet or do I need something else.
    I like this lens a lot and it would give me a fair amount of reach and flexibility if I could use it on the GF3.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.

2. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    If your lens has a complete OM mount then you can buy a normal OM -> m43 adapter.
    Otherwise you can remove the adaptall ring from your lens and look for an Adaptall -> m43.

Otherwise can you post a picture and a link to the adapter you found?

3. chrisosh

chrisosh New to Mu-43

Sep 17, 2015
    Ibiza, Spain
    Thank you very much for the fast reply.
    After posting I did a bit of Googling and found more info, I bought the lense with the Oly years ago and have never needed to take it apart, I just discovered how easy it is to take the OM ring off. Found An adapter from Digiunited on eBay for £11.90 so I will go for that.
    Many thanks Klorenzo.
    Chris

• Like Like x 1
  4. peppermonkey

peppermonkey Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2013
    Toronto, Canada
    As mentioned above, you can get the OM to m43 adapter and it would work... But, if you are going to buy an adapter anyhow, you might as well just get a Tamron adaptall to m43 adapter. I got one myself for several adaptall lenses.

5. AcridSaint

AcridSaint Mu-43 Regular

Feb 25, 2014
    North Carolina
    The cheap ones generally work pretty well. I have some that don't reach infinity. I wish that they would focus past infinity instead, but, such is life. The nice thing about cheap adapters is that they are cheap. So, you can buy and OM mount and an Adaptall mount adapter and be covered for many lenses. I have at least one adapter for basically every popular lens mount, and even a few funky ones.