Showcase Tamron 14-150

sushi

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Syukri
Was looking for a versatile zoom, how does the Tamron compare to the Olympus and Panasonic ones?

MacBook

Mu-43 Veteran
Nice photos. I have been considering the Panasonic 14-140 II, the Olympus 14-150 II, and the Tamron. I have the Panasonic GX-7 as well as an Olympus body, and so both are stabilized. They're all about the same price, too, although the Panasonic is a little less expensive. I like the reports of the Tamron's build, 6-year warranty, and the impressive photographs in a couple of places.

Any comments from those who have been using it?

MacBook

Mu-43 Veteran

SVQuant

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Sameer
I looked at this lens when I was looking to get a superzoom. It's a nice lens, but it is not cheaper, lighter or noticeably better in IQ than the Olympus/Panasonic offerings. In the end, the 20% off on the Oly refurb and the weather-sealing sealed the deal for me.

Zman

Mu-43 Veteran
Today was my first time out with the Tamron 14-150mm lens purchased from another mu-43.com member.
There are times when I go out for a short photo hike with nothing particular to shoot and fully admit to being too lazy to want to swap lenses. This lens was comfortable to handle on my E-M10, performed nicely, and surprised me with the images it produced. To be honest, I didn't even know it existed until I saw it in this sites "Buy/Sell" thread. I like it.
RAW files post-processed using PSE9 and Nik software.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Mark
@Zman , nice shots. Were you on the opposite shore or on the water for that pic of Columbia? Just took the boat tour past there last year and have several shots that look just like this.

I was thinking about trying to get closer to some of the grain elevators next time I'm near there as they are super-interesting to shoot but you pass them too quickly on a boat.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom