1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Tamron 14-150

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Davicol, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Davicol

Davicol Mu-43 Regular

Dec 31, 2013
    Anybody has already tested teh new Tamron 14-150?

2. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    they already come up with a full review? How come none of us has ever got one

3. val

val Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2013
    Australia
    William
    companies send out pre-production or first production to review websites before release to public to get the ball rolling since they know that people will look up reviews before purchasing and it creates interest on the internet.

They have NDA (non-disclosure agreement) so that the reviewer can only publish the review on a certain date onwards.

I've used the 15mm f1.7 before it was released so that when it does hit our shelves, we are able to talk about it with first hand experience and recommend it to the right customers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    Thanks William, apparently the website Tamron chose was not the review site I have heard of but I do believe in numbers and charts, it looks nice. I checked the price and now isn't the best time to make the purchase yet. I remember there was no review available when I bought my Sigma 60 2.8, Sigma seems to ignore us:redface: but the price wasn't any higher even when it was first launched, soon has it become my favourite lens.

5. phinix

phinix Mu-43 Rookie

May 15, 2014
    hopefully price will drop soon

6. stw

stw Mu-43 Regular

Jul 23, 2013
    This last few months, I've been thinking about getting either the P14-140 or O14-150. When I heard Tamron was going to release something similar, I was hopeful that theirs would quite a bit less expensive than the other two. I am leaning towards getting the P14-140 for my GX7, but want to read a few more reviews of the Tamron before I pull the trigger.