Tamrac Express 6 or Express 7 in Khaki? Thoughts??

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jambaj0e, Sep 11, 2010.

1. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    I'd tend to go with a wider, shorter bag than either, which is probably why I wound up using a purse. :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rudi

Rudi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2010
    Australia
    The Express 5 would be more suited to a :43: outfit, IMO. The Express 7 is way too large!

3. jambaj0e

jambaj0e Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    As I mentioned in the other thread, I checked out the Express 7 and 5 at SEARS. They ran out of the 6, so I'd have to go to another SEARS.

Express 7 is definitely too large, but the 5 is pretty darn snug. You probably can get away carrying a prime lens and a battery inside, but not much else.

4. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010
    Nevermind. Both the Express 5 and 6 feels too thick. The 6 actually feels a bit bulky. The compartments are hard to adjust and optimize for a m4/3 camera. What's worse, the design of the clip on the flap makes it hard to close with one hand because you have to line up both parts to the center guide. Horrible design!

5. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Check out the Tamrac Velocity series.
    I use a #4 with the GF1 w/20. I also have the 14-45 or 9-18 and my J8.
    Plus a few batteries etc....
    Nice sling bag that also works as a waist pack.

6. stanleyk

stanleyk Guest

May 26, 2010
    • Like Like x 2
  7. I use a Tamrac Aero 45, and it holds my E-P1, the kit zoom, the 20 mm pancake (with a hood), the 40 mm Hexanon (with its adapter), the 135 mm Hexanon, and big screw-on hood for the two Hexanons. It's cheap, it holds everything that I'd ever want while out shooting, and it still feels nice and light, even with all of that glass in there.

8. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010
    The thing is, the Aero looks too much like a camera bag. I'm trying to get something that doesn't.

9. VisualFX

VisualFX Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2010
    I ordered the Tamrac 6x for my E-PL1, but the interior of the bag is still too small and cramped. I was trying to find a bag, where I can grab the camera quickly out of the bag. The 6x is too small, and the E-PL1 barely fits. VF-2 installed on camera won't fit at all. My 40-150mm with m4/3 adapter fits too snug in the side pocket. It is tough to get anything out of this bag. It is very disappointing, because the outside area of the bag is larger than my Olympus mini-backpack. Yet the mini-backpack has a little more room in it, and is easier to get camera out. I thought about getting Tamrac 7x, but the exterior dimensions are too large for what I'm looking for.

10. Rudi

Rudi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2010
    Australia
  11. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    • Like Like x 2