1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

talking about my legacy lenses and some native ones

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by dweller, Mar 16, 2015.

1. dweller

dweller Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 14, 2012
    London, UK
    not the world's most exciting video but there you go :wink:
    filmed using G2 and 14-42 kit lens

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Interesting selection of equipment. It was funny to see how closely my experience in acquiring a cache of lenses mirrored yours. I haven't gotten into the Pentax 110s, the Olympus or the Mirandas, but I've got a wide array of Canon FD, C-Mount, M42 and Minolta glass. I've also picked up frankly too many "bargain" bodies that I just couldn't pass up.

My favorite part was the links in the video description to the images you've captured with each lens. It would have been nice to have some of those shots in the video itself. I realize that would require quite a bit more editing, though.

I'm not sure what sort of audience you are seeking for this video. You describe it yourself as "boring" and "nerdy" and I wouldn't necessarily disagree with either of those descriptions. It's really too long and rambling for general consumption, which is fine depending on what your reason is for posting it. If you just want something to document your collection at this moment in time, then it accomplishes that.

However, if you'd like to increase the viewership, here are some suggestions:
    1. Break out each lens (or at least each system) into its own video and include some sample images you've shot in the video.
    2. The camera angle is a little odd with the viewer sort of looking up your nose. A higher angle would be more flattering for you and more comfortable for the viewer.
    3. The background is a bit busy.
    4. Tighten up the presentation: here's the lens, this is the focal length and aperture, here are its quirks, these are some images I made with it, this is how much you can expect to pay and what to look for.
    I realize what I just described is an entirely different project that what you undertook, so don't view this as an assignment. If I were a bit less lazy I might do something like that myself.

Thanks for sharing!

3. dweller

dweller Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 14, 2012
    London, UK
    Cheers for watching and giving feedback DeeJayK.
    I suppose I made the video fairly half heartedly more as a record for myself as you put it,
    but I thought it worth sharing on youtube just to share ideas for people getting into m43.
    However, I take your points. You're absolutely right!
    It could have been a better thing altogether, more snappy and with sample shots embedded.
    Maybe one day. If only the daily grind didn't sap all my time and energy :)

4. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I definitely hear you there.

I'm glad you put it together and shared it. It might inspire me to take it to the next step someday soon (if only it weren't for that "daily grind" thing).