Takumar 135 mount help?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by scottychop, Aug 14, 2012.

1. scottychop

scottychop Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2012
    Seattle
    Scott
    Hi all,

Just picked up the Takumar 135 3.5 at a local antiques dealer. Can anyone point me to some resources on this lens and what adapter is already on the M42 mount?

Thanks.

2. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
  3. scottychop

scottychop Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2012
    Seattle
    Scott
    How much SHOULD I have paid?

Thanks for the link. Pics in the thread look good.

4. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    Same lens. Two models. Early and late. You have late. Look at the second picture.

If you're happy with it, then you paid the right price.

5. scottychop

scottychop Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2012
    Seattle
    Scott
    Thanks

Thanks,

I only paid $10 for it. I feel like I got a pretty good deal. Question on the mount. It looks like the PO had put on an adapter? I just updated the first post with a new pic of the base. It definitely has screw mounts just inside. I want to make sure this is Pentax before purchasing an adapter. Can someone help with the use on the two aperature rings?

6. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    One ring is to preset the aperture. The second ring stops the lens down to the preset. This allowed wide open focusing then quickly stopping the lens down to the preselected aperture.

Take off the adapter and you'll have a Pentax screw mount, also known as M42.

Fred

7. scottychop

scottychop Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2012
    Seattle
    Scott
    Thanks Fred. That makes sense. Any idea what the adapted mount might be? I know the photo isn't the greatest. Two solid tabs, one notched.

8. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    The first thought that comes to mind is Pentax K mount. It's been so long I don't remember what it looks like. There's a web page somewhere with pictures of various mounts. Time to practice your Google search skills.

I would just take it off and get an M42 adapter.

Fred

9. scottychop

scottychop Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2012
    Seattle
    Scott
    That's what I thought too, but no body to try it on. I can't get the darn thing off!

10. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    $10 is a good price. That is a separate adapter. Just think of it as a bonus.

11. scottychop

scottychop Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2012
    Seattle
    Scott
    Contax mount?

12. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    A Pentax K mount does looks like the rear of your lens. Or it could be a Contax, I've never seen that one.

Nonetheless, you have to remove it and use a M43 adapter. If you tried to piggy back this on top of a PentaxK-m43, the flange on your existing adapter will space the lens too far away to allow infinity focus.

Maybe warm the whole assembly up on top of a warm TV or PC. Then spray some canned air on the threads.

13. scottychop

scottychop Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2012
    Seattle
    Scott
    Got it off! It says Minolta P-adapter on the back. :biggrin: Anyone need it?