1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Taking pictures with GM1 without pressing shutter release?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by pake, Nov 5, 2015.

Tags:
  1. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    So the title says what I need to know. Is it possible? Last time I checked I only managed to focus touching the LCD with my finger but that's it. I need it to take the picture as well.

I'm going to Curacao in 1,5 weeks and using the camera in a underwater housing (bag) would be sooooo much easier if I didn't have to press shutter release at all.

Also, one bonus question: Which lens(es) - and why - would you recommend using when snorkeling: Pana 14mm f/2.5, 15mm f/1.7 or 20mm f/1.7. I believe the 60mm Olympus will be too long... right?

2. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee

May 3, 2013
    California
    Have you tried using the touch screen with the underwater bag on the camera? I would expect that the touch screen does not function through the plastic housing.

3. ivoire

ivoire Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2011
    Naperville, IL
    mike
    Go to the 0n screen function menu and tap the finger/screen icon to enable touch screen shutter release

4. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

For underwater, wide and fast is always the way to go. Due to the rapid light drop off, you need the fast aperture and you need to get physically close to your subjects. Definitely 15mm f1.7 (or 14mm f2.5 if the pancake makes it easier to fit in your case).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    I did. Works fine.

• Like Like x 1
  6. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    Hmmm... Somehow I missed that option in the menus. I'll have to try again after work. Thanks!